Commercial Underwriter - Chubb Westchester Binding (
Job Number:330687 )
WSG Binding Commercial Underwriter
WSG Binding seeks to add strong underwriting talent to its growing team
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates, accepts, rejects, or modifies risks within established underwriting guidelines and authority. Complies with company policies, procedures & rating plans when evaluating and managing risk.
- Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately.
- Provides primary communication and direction for all processing requirements including policy issuance instruction, endorsement requests, billing requirements and audit review
- Maintains service standards by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of collateral and agreements in addition to meeting deadlines on submissions of
- quotations, certificates and/or policies
- Performs other duties as required to best serve customer, team and management needs.
- 1 - 3 years underwriting experience
- Must possess a strong commercial casualty risk underwriting skill and competence with the ability to handle small risks
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others-both external and internal customers
- Strong Communication Skills, including the ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present effective written communication to varied audiences
- Ability to work in and promote a team oriented environment
- Ability to use to use company’s commercial rating and policy issuance systems and software programs (MS Word, Excel) needed to conduct daily business
- Self-motivated; must be able to work independently and make logical decisions
- Demonstrate initiative as evidenced by ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Travel - <20% may be required
- College level degree – Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree
- Small commercial experience
- Strong people and relationship skills
- Proven business developer with entrepreneurial mindset.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
West Chester 19355
Job Posting- Oct 29, 2019, 8:11:46 PM