Are you a finance professional looking for a challenging and rewarding career? If so, we are looking for YOU! Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your skills and experience.
The Company: Financial Pacific Leasing, a subsidiary of Umpqua Bank, is a direct provider of small-ticket commercial equipment leases. Our employees are smart, hardworking and fun! We believe that quality service, innovative products, and strong relationships are the key to success for all businesses.
The Position: We’re looking for a Commercial Underwriter who will analyze credit information from primarily small and middle market companies for transaction sizes between $150k and $5MM, including equipment leases, financings and recourse and non-recourse lines of credit: make appropriate use of assigned credit authority or make recommendations for final approval while ensuring risk exposure consistent with credit quality guidelines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review financial data such as income, balance sheet and cash flow statements, perform ratio analysis; analyze projections, quality of management, market share, entity structures, equipment appraisals and borrower business plans in order to make recommendations with regards to credit capacity. Includes analyzing information from credit reporting agencies and other third-party sources. Research and examine credit risks, assess history, and articulate reasons for support of an extension of credit.
- Prepare credit submissions to Sr. Management when recommending approval.
- Conduct on-going verification and regular tracking of customers’ credit quality through periodic review of credit reports, analysis of required financial information and any other approval conditions.
- Monitor collateral values, valuation dates, and methodologies within company policy.
- Partner with loan processors to ensure documentation is consistent with approval requirements. Identify issues requiring attention prior to funding.
- Perform periodic covenant compliance checks and annual reviews on borrowers and/or guarantors as required.
- Demonstrates compliance in assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities.
- Takes personal initiative following all policies and procedures, Bank Secrecy Act, compliance regulations, and completes all required and job-specific training. Raises and/or addresses compliance issues for evaluation, investigation and resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- Five to seven years of credit underwriting experience.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and tax returns and accountant notes related thereto.
- Ability to understand business relationships and business entity structures and their effect on financial condition and status.
- Knowledge of business lending practices, with specific knowledge of Equipment Leasing.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and/or financial software (Word, Excel and CreditQuest preferred).
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, customer service, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Dual Risk Rating (PD/LGD) methodology in a banking/ regulated environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
The Location: Financial Pacific Leasing is based in Federal Way, WA with offices in Tigard, OR and Federal Way, WA. We’re close to the bus line and offer carpool incentives!
- Competitive benefits package!
- 401(k) company match!
- Recognition program!
- Thriving company culture!