Performs underwriting of commercial loans typically $2.5MM - $15MM in size for customers with revenues from $2.5MM to $75MM. Collaborates frequently with loan officers and provides consultation to customers. Performs research and financial and statistical analyses to determine and support client credit worthiness while minimizing risk exposure. Prepares analyses, reports and presentations for management review and regulatory reporting. Ensures all transactions and processing are in compliance with regulatory and company guidelines, policies and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs credit review of commercial manually underwritten loans. Focuses primarily on large complex loan requests. Applies knowledge of credit/risk management processes to ensure appropriate balance between company risk and customer/client focus and relationship is maintained.
* Spreads financial statements, works with Dual Risk Rating and performs Credit Service Reviews. Conducts research to determine credit quality, character and soundness including analysis of extensive statistical data and financial statements, sensitivity analysis, industry analysis, management assessment and guarantor analysis.
* Ensures the consistent use of well-supported and factual analyses and processes to determine and recommend risk ratings.
* Works with specific lenders to conduct loan portfolio management. Proactively prepares for renewals, performs calculation of borrowing bases, and monitors covenants.
* Partners with loan officers to screen loan packages and collect "due diligence" materials. May provide consulting services to customers and accountants. May travel to customer locations with loan officers.
* Provides analytical support for developing and maintaining credit studies, financial background information and other relevant data on present and prospective customers.
* Analyzes present and proposed lending and recommends optimum course of action to maximize profitability while providing a complete risk/delinquency analysis
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Five years of agricultural underwriting experience including, but not limited to, analyzing and interpreting corporate and personal financial statements and tax returns, performing diverse analyses, and preparing supporting documentation for management review.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Broad knowledge of credit risk analysis/underwriting principles, methods, practices and regulatory requirements
* Knowledge of financial accounting theory, methodology and logic
* Proficient at the advanced level in department credit/lending systems and databases
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to meet reasonable deadlines and prioritization of workflow
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients to provide consultation concerning large, complex commercial loans
* Ability to use work flow tool
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled