Join the GuardTexas family: We're people making the difference! GuardTexas has been committed to serving the great state of Texas for over 41 years. Over 900 GuardTexas security officers serve clients in many industries including commercial real estate, residential communities, construction and retail. We are a privately owned company with branches in: Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. GuardTexas is a certified security guard trainer. See www.guardtexas. com for more information about our company. [less]
Job Skills / Requirements
The Security Officer safeguards property by patrolling the premises and monitoring for theft, violence, safety issues, and/or disturbances through observation and reporting. The primary responsibility of the position is to deter crime through an authoritative presence. This is an ARMED position.
SECURITY OFFICER / SECURITY GUARD REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 18 years of age
- Meet and maintain all requirements of LEVEL 3 licensing for Commissioned Security Officers including passing a background check as required by the Texas PSB
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle crisis situations
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing
- Visual acuity and hearing ability to observe and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Ability to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and/or moving the entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, sitting, standing for long periods of time, and handling of materials
SECURITY OFFICER / SECURITY GUARD DUTIES
Provide a visual security presence
Conduct regular rounds of industrial, commercial or residential premises to deter and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates
Perform checks on windows, doors, gates, stairwells, fire exits, mechanical rooms and other areas as assigned by client or that a trespasser may use to gain illegal access, and insure that they are properly secure
Inspect equipment if required to ascertain that tampering has not occurred and/or is in working order as noted in the post orders
Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences including standing water or fire hazards, failure indicators on mechanical or electrical equipment, and temperature controls
Respond to alarms and report disturbances
Contact police, paramedics or fire departments in cases of emergency
Contact Property Manager as appropriate per customer protocols
Inform persons of rule infractions or violations such as loitering, smoking, carrying forbidden articles
Assist in evacuation buildings in case of emergency
Control crowds as required by job site
Other duties as assigned by supervisor or required by contract with customer based on their individual security needs
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification Requirements (All)
Commissioned Security Officer
Additional Information / Benefits
We offer a range of competitive benefits for our security officers:
- Weekly paycheck
- Additional pay for worked holidays
- Access to credit union membership for you and your family.
- Insurance is available the first day of the month after 60 days of full time employment.
- After one year of full time employment, you qualify for paid vacation, reimbursement of uniform fees, and Company payment of PSB fees to maintain a current registration.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift.