Enphase Energy is the fastest growing inverter company in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation solar technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
Enphase Energy’s Commodity Manager is responsible for managing purchasing activities for electronic/semiconductor devices, and will develop key supplier relationships. This position serves as the critical collaborator between Engineering, our contract manufacturing partner and our electronics supply chain, to ensure complete execution from New Products to turnkey execution in the procurement and production of Enphase product.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies by commodity ensuring flexibility, supply assurance, technology leadership and lowest total cost
- Partner with engineering on identifying new sources of supply and selection for new products during the development phase
- Plan and monitor specified commodities through the early stage of NPI process through volume production.
- Direct activities of buyers and expediters, review and approve purchases to a specified amount,
- Negotiate major contracts,
- Develop procedures for the operation of procurement activities;
- Monitor cost, schedule and performance aspects of contracts.
- Develop materials pipeline where necessary and monitor it for any potential issues
- Develop and execute volume purchase agreements with appropriate cost, quality, and vendor managed inventory strategies
- Interface with other departments (Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, etc…) to resolve any production affecting materials issues.
- Conduct quarterly and annual Business Reviews
- Drive the consolidation of the current supply chain including a preferred supplier list to reduce cycle time and cost with improved quality & reliability
- Bachelor's degree in EE preferred or related field or equivalent experience
- 8 years experience in Supplier and Commodity management in electronic devices, in a high tech electronics manufacturing environment or combination of equivalent experience, education and training
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturing and tier 1 suppliers
- Proven success sourcing for high volume electronic components such as diodes linear, logic, passives, magnetics , memory, protection devices, power devices, crystals/oscillators
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of, Excel, Word, and ERP/MRP systems
- Experience in price and contracts negotiation
- Ability to work and interact with multiple departments throughout the organization.
- Must have analytical problem solving capability, and be detail oriented