Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
The Commodity Manager will work as a change agent to develop proactive approach to Commodity Management by preventing potential problems and providing effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes. This position will work closely with the manufacturing and service divisions to provide timely technical and financial information to the applicable business leader(s).
- Develop and execute global commodity strategies to deliver: Supplier rationalization, supplier selection and qualification processes, supplier relationship and management programs, targeted improvements in total costs. Comprehensive commodity profiles, including market analysis, benchmarking, and total cost of ownership. Identification and associated mitigation plans for pricing inflation and high risk factors that may impact total cost or assurance of supply.
- Provide the leadership for developing successful supplier relationships, creating and negotiating supplier contracts or pricing agreements, managing all facets of supplier management activities for assigned commodities, and completing regular supplier performance assessments.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities including make versus buy analysis and alternative sourcing utilizing benchmarking data, cost modeling and total cost analysis; identifying product/process improvements; executing competitive sourcing processes; analyzing commodity market trends; and leveraging global spend.
- Develop sources for market intelligence including world-wide supplier capabilities, purchasing groups, trade organizations/associations, trade journals, internet research and OEM's.
- Drive lean transformation throughout the supply chain and continuous improvement in all aspects of the commodity procurement process.
- Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction projects through contract negotiations, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls.
- Completes supplier analysis in order to acquire the best suppliers and to guarantee an optimum supply chain, and to assess potential assurance of supply risks (financial, stability, capacity, etc.).
- As a member of the commodity group, you will work with other team members to share best practices and other developmental initiatives to help foster a learning environment focused on commodity management improvement and personal development.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentially of information, protect the assets of the organization, act with ethics and integrity, report non-compliance, and adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- 5+ years’ experience in global commodity management with a related manufacturing industry, or 7 years in manufacturing materials role.
- More than a fundamental knowledge of procurement principals, theories, and processes.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead a professional team and act independently.
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of negotiation strategies required with previous experience with international sourcing.
- Experience operating within fast paced business with strong commercial acumen.
- Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving Skills, and Strong Communication Skills.
- Computer skills such as SAP systems (or similar ERP platform), Email, MS Office, and MS Projects.
- Experience with the material flow in an Engineered-to-Order environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required (approx. 20%).
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM) C.P.M, CPSM® or CPSM® or APICS CSCP or CPIM professional certifications are preferred or other applicable professional designation.
- BS/BA degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Manager, Engineering, Business or related field from an accredited college or university.
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.
Procurement / Sourcing Manager