What you’ll do
Implement the Commodity Segment Purchasing strategies within the assigned geographical/business areas while ensuring the achievement of monthly QCD targets.
Strategy and Deployment
- Contribute to market intelligence and internal demand optimization initiatives for their commodity as required
- Support development of the commodity strategy and ensure accurate deployment across assigned geographical/business areas.
- Participate in supplier selection activities within the Region according to GKN criteria and ensure utilization of the Approved Vendor List by program and plant buyers.
- Support the implementation of the Supply base convergence plan within the Region consistent with the commodity strategy.
Suppliers QCD performances
- Submit proposals for commodity QCD objectives to Regional Commodity Manager (split by Plant and by Supplier) for approval.
- Manage follow up of suppliers’ performance implementing all necessary action plans to ensure budget targets achievement (negotiation, resourcing, VA/VE, etc).
- Actively participate to the negotiation with the main suppliers as agreed with Regional Commodity Manager and Commodity Purchase Director
- Support plants with critical supplier issues for the commodity.
- Develop and share Best Practices for the commodity.
- Ensure critical day to day issues are escalated within the Region
Reporting and System
- Ensure transparency and accuracy of data in the purchasing information systems.
- Prepare monthly commodity report for Regional Commodity Director.
- Adhere to internal procedures and statutory requirements for compliant environmental procurement and storage of all materials.
- Conform with all relevant requirements of the GKN Integrated Loss Prevention.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- Former experience as a Commodity Buyer or minimum 2 years experience as a Plant Buyer in an industrial environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experienced at working in a global matrix organisation.
- Results oriented with good written and oral communications skills.
- Master’s degree in engineering with a specialization in international purchasing
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred.
- Purchasing certification desirable.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.