Title: Communications Analyst, Cyberspace (ACC/A6)
Location: Newport News, Virginia
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for a Communications Analyst supporting Air Combat Command (ACC) which consists of Cyber and Communications Programs. Their mission is Cyberspace and Base level communications support providing ACC, Cyberspace and Information Directorate (A6) with professional Technical and Analytic Support, Policy Development, Management and Administration in support of Cyberspace Operations.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Directly supports the other branches and sections with planning, policy, and engineering requirements.
- Plans, Manages, and directly supports major ACC Cyberspace initiatives including Data Center Optimization Initiatives, Software deployments, Defense Enterprise Email, and Enterprise IT as a Service (EITAAS), Installation Processing Nodes, E-911, mobile communications, application migration, cloud services and strategic planning.
- Attends and coordinates multiple stakeholders and team meetings, program and design reviews, update meetings, Technical Interchange Meetings, and support trips to various locations.
- Supports and advocates for integration & test, engineering & installation, and specific project & program requirements.
- Identifies new funding requirements and shortfalls for existing requirements, and establishes courses of action for funding offsets, tracking progress through ACC corporate review in support of the POM approval process.
- Coordinates all funding plans and activities through the government PEM, ACC directorates, and other stakeholders.
- Supports government leads managing projects, programs, and initiatives. Provides and presents briefings as required for the projects.
- Works MAJCOM taskings as required.
- Assesses impacts to SAF/CIO guidance and policy on Cyberspace projects and initiatives at ACC; takes appropriate action to meet guidance/policy.
- Supports ACC budgeting processes/tools including but not limited to IPP, POM/PPBE, Spend Plans, execution requirements, fallout funding, unfunded requirements.
- Education: BS, MS, or higher (Engineering, Sciences, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Math)
- Experience: 5 years minimum relevant experience in IT, DoD IT, Air Force MAJCOM staff Experience or Exposure, Air Force Experience or Exposure
- Knowledge: Specific knowledge of Cyberspace, Enterprise Networking, Network Security, Information Technology, and Communications Systems.
- Work experience in Cyberspace, Air Combat Command, 24AF, Information Assurance, Network Security
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.