Job Title: Communications Business Partner
Location: San Jose, CA
Contract Term: 6+ Months
Weekly 40.00 Hours [Mon - Fri]
Communications Business Partner
Please Include portfolio, website or sample with submittals
Phone interview, followed by onsite meetings (Phone screen may include a Franklin lakes manager)
Due to the urgency ***Local candidates only
hours are 8-5
Job Description Summary
The Communication Business Partner is responsible for developing and implementing internal communication strategies and plans that drive associates’ understanding of the BD Biosciences (BDB) business unit globally, with an emphasis on connecting associates to our business priorities and enhancing engagement.
The Communication Business Partner will be a member of the Corporate Communication function as well as the BD Biosciences worldwide and U.S. Human Resources teams. This position will report directly to the Director, Corporate Communication Life Science Segment, with a strong dotted line to the BD Biosciences WW, Sr. HR Director.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Develop, champion and successfully implement our global internal communication strategy by partnering with BDB HR and the BDB WW President to keep programs aligned to business strategy and engagement objectives.
· Create, gain approval and implement a comprehensive global, internal communication plan, including managing messages and timing, executing the communication calendar and forums.
· Support Senior Management to communicate company goals, priorities and progress
· Work at both the strategic and tactical levels to develop communication programs, materials and content; Deliver across internal platforms, channels and geographies.
· Work as partner to the corporate communication team, along with business leadership, to develop communication strategies, programs and materials.
· Develop and maintain ongoing management of effective communication vehicles (e.g. Intranet, Town Halls, newsletters, Yammer and other corporate channels which may be appropriate).
· Interview subject matter experts and write or develop communication content for electronic vehicles, face-to-face forums and other channels and venues, while following BD Brand guidelines.
· Measure and report communication effectiveness.
· Drive strategic and creative (when appropriate) alignment and consistency across platform activities (i.e. training sessions, awards, etc.).
· Support communication and engagement in Inclusion & Diversity initiatives and events.
· Work with the BDB Culture and Engagement Champion to develop a communication strategy which supports and reinforces the cultural changes the business is striving to achieve.
Additional Job Description
· Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Business or related field. Masters in Communication or MBA a plus.
· Minimum 6 years’ professional experience required with at least 2 of those working in communication in a corporate environment required.
· Must possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills in a corporate environment with strong editorial capabilities.
· Candidate will be asked to provide writing samples.
· Must be a strong editor and proof-reader.
Skills And Experience:
· Has experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere) and with various interactive resources including videography and stock image houses.·
· Can use CMS Platforms including WordPress to build engaging employee experiences.
· Able to work at both the strategic and tactical levels - willing to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
· Excellent customer service orientation, flexible attitude, adaptable to change, team player and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
· Strong ability to collaborate and capable of building consensus and strong working relationships within a highly matrixed organizational structure.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task, take initiative and act independently, and work under tight deadlines.
· Ability to maintain discretion and appropriately manage confidential information.
· Able to influence “up and down” to achieve project objectives (i.e. soliciting and reconciling feedback from multiple sources.
• Work with creative cloud
• Copy write skills editorial capabilities
• Being able to think strategically and execute, will be mostly self-directed