We are looking for a Communications Consultant to help us increase our sales revenues and maintain customer relationships. The territory includes: Southern California (up to San Francisco), Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico.
In this role, we seek outstanding organizational and sales skills. We expect you to be an excellent communicator who understands customer needs. If you are also goal-driven and strategic, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure our clients are happy and search for ways to grow our sales.
What You Would Do
- Assertive, independent, and an effective communicator whose persuasive style and ability to identify and convince key decision-makers will enable him or her to enhance and expand established customer base.
- Qualify potential new customers, deliver presentations on LPi’s products and services to key decision makers, and turn established prospects into contracted customers.
- Create and maintain a customer and prospect database that documents calls, contacts, visits, and files that include all pertinent information on the account, their current product, and existing advertisers for the assigned territory.
- Identify and work with the Communications Consultant Manager to eliminate any obstacles to contract signing.
- Work with management in order to help set direction, effectively manage time in the field, and establish direct marketing support for their assigned territories.
- Advise Manager of regional market trends or pertinent topics relating to LPi’s competition, industry, organization or specific accounts or issues.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills in areas of responsibility by attending training sessions, reviewing professional publications, researching topics on the internet, and establishing personal networks.
Your Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to travel 50% or more as required
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to work independently with some direction
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and CRM, preferably Salesforce, experience required
- Strong sales personality traits including: Optimism, drive, perseverance, personal accountability, and resilience
LPi is the industry leader in stewardship communications that serve as a single source for connecting communities through printed materials and online services. Family-owned since 1972 and backed by industry-leading customer service, LPi builds relationships with nearly 100,000 local businesses to support its more than 5500 non-profit customers with print and online communication solutions. Learn more about us by visiting www.lpiseniors.com and www.4lpi.com/careers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer