Position Title: Communications Specialist � Managed Care
Reports To: Director of Managed Care
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Rhode Island EOHHS � Cranston, RI
Shift � Full-time � 35 hours per week
Staffing Solutions Organization, LLC (SSO) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Public Consulting Group (PCG), which is a leading public sector management and technology consulting firm that has improved the performance of education, health, and human services agencies for more than 30 years. PCG employs approximately 2,500 people in more than 60 offices in the US, Canada, and Europe. SSO is focused on delighting clients with world-class managed staffing and talent consulting services. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making a positive impact on their community as well as their own career.
- Responsible for assisting with public communications review, stakeholder communication, and meeting facilitation.
- Ensures timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, reviewing, tracking of materials and meetings.
- Act as a liaison with the staffs of the three health plans in order to support coordination of workflows and support effective operations.
- Once a quarter, this person will be responsible for communications support to the Medicaid Community Advisory Committee. This meeting occurs quarterly at 7:00 AM EST and requires someone to coordinate the invites, organize the agenda, and to maintain meeting minutes. (This meeting involves Medicaid staff as well as health care professionals from across the State of Rhode Island.)
- Bachelor�s Degree with at least 5 years of professional experience.
- Experience working within the healthcare field is required.
- Experience with communication reviews is required.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of Medicaid is preferred.