My name is George Rogers and I am a Recruiter with Kelly Services, Inc., a Fortune 500 workforce solutions company. We are currently seeking to fill a Communications Manager position in Houston, TX. I have attached the details of the opportunity below:
Duration: 7+ months
Pay: $45.00 - $50.00/HOUR
The Communications and External Affairs function aims to build the company’s reputation by proactively and systematically putting forward a clear, concise set of messages supported with powerful proof points to defined target audiences, informed by and underpinned with research insights.
To support this, the role of the Upstream Communications team, in which this role belongs, is to work with the Upstream leadership to create and drive strategic communications plans that support the priorities and to develop, tailor and deliver audience-specific approaches that raise understanding of and engagement of these as part of the wider company strategy.
This role will be responsible for developing and implementing communications plans for the Global Projects Organization (GPO), driving employee engagement and commitment.
- Deliver a GPO Communications Strategy and Plan that is clearly aligned to the business objectives. \t
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Head of Function and the Leadership Team, providing expert advice, guidance and coaching on communications best practice and tools to achieve objectives. \t
- Create concise and consistent messaging with clear strategic alignment to GPO and the wider company strategy and objectives. Develop and maintain consistent, fit-for-purpose communication tools and channels with clear processes. \t
- Contribute to the Upstream Communications team and community of practice to enhance collaboration and best practice sharing. \t
- Develop strong relationships with other key stakeholders in the functions and the wider Upstream business. \t
- Manage third party communications service providers, such as design and film agencies and oversee budget agreed with Head of Upstream Communications. \t
- Equip leaders with communication materials to support key strategic priorities so that leaders communicate with their teams in a consistent and coordinated way.
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in Communications, Marketing or related field. \t
- Track record including evidence of designing and implementing communication plans using a number of tools and channels. \t
- Operated in a business partner capacity, providing guidance and advice regarding effective communications approaches and delivery. \t
- Deep experience in aligning communications with business or functional strategy. \t
- Engaging writer with experience delivering messages to a variety of audiences and cultures. \t
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, and the ability to multi-task. \t
- Business acumen and the ability to navigate across large, complex organizations. \t
- Confident and credible communication skills to engage with the business and understand the key issues.
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Please submit your resume to be considered for this position by pressing the “SUBMIT RESUME” button below. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (George.Rogers@kellyservices.com),however, your resume should be uploaded via the “SUBMIT RESUME” button included within**
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.