The Communications Manager is responsible for effectively executing executive, external and internal culture communications programs to drive the business' strategic vision, organizational culture, thought leadership, and issues management. The Communications Manager directly to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer.
- Develop & execute strategic communications plans for the organization, working with business leaders to manage the overall communication process from development to execution.
- Work closely with business leaders to drive external brand and customer-facing PR campaigns; develop and execute internal employee communications activity; manage digital/social content and presence; and other related opportunities.
- Create and deliver compelling content in a variety of channels, including earned, owned, social and digital media.
- Plan, draft and execute crisis communication plans (as needed), and change communication plans.
- Partner with marketing colleagues to present one Shields brand to the market.
- Integrity: Adhering to high ethical and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- 5 years' experience working in Marketing, PR and/or Internal Communications either in a corporate or agency environment.
- Ability to understand Shields' business goals and proactively identify opportunities to meet them.
- Clear thinking, creative communication and problem-solving skills with demonstrated success leading multiple projects/initiatives within communications / PR function.
- Able to quickly grasp new ideas;
- Able to simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability;
- Able to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information;
- Experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions;
- Able to communicate priorities clearly and concisely.
- Ability to write, using AP style when necessary, across multiple channels
- Creative problem-solver with a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge and experience in the Healthcare Industry, Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success supporting and managing communications for senior-level business clients.
- Adaptability: being open to change in response to new information, feedback, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations; able to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations, including continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances.
- Dependability: high say/do ratio.
- Flexibility: ability to work on numerous projects.
- Bias toward action, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- External focus: Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape.
Other: Photoshop experience a plus; Basic HTML knowledge a plus;