Who are you:
The Communications Manager will be a result focused and collaborative individual who is responsible for storytelling and brand development for the CEO of a family office based in Manhattan (the Principal), across his personal and philanthropic ventures. The ideal candidate will build and maintain relationships with various media outlets. They will be dedicated to crafting a blueprint designed to increase the global impact of the Principal and his philanthropic ventures – measured by impressions, media, sentiment, and incremental donor support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work alongside an external PR agency and Principal to identify and develop a communication plan that aligns with overall strategic business goals for the foundation and Principals’ businesses
- Ability to autonomously develop and implement branding and design materials within budget and in a timely manner
- Manage daily upkeep of various social media accounts and oversee all communication activities and external speaking engagements
- Perform ongoing assessment and annual review of communication needs across the organization based on performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree required; with a strong focus in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or Public Relations
- At least 5 years as a hands-on communications strategist with exceptional writing and editing experience
- Passion for philanthropy or non-profits