Communicator Operators are the first point of contact for anyone calling El Camino Hospital's main numbers. Operators are responsible for accurately processing incoming calls for: staff (internal), public (external), physicians (answering service clients), and emergency code responses. Operators will focus on providing callers with general inquiry assistance and efficiently transferring calls to the appropriate destinations. Operators will work closely with clinical staff, department management and clients to ensure calls are handled with a high degree of customer service. At a lower volume, this position will also initiate outgoing calls and other notifications via phone, two-way radio and overhead building paging systems. Other duties include but are not limited to updating system information, completing required documentation and escalating priority issues according to operating procedures. This is an all shifts position and will be expected to work at both El Camino Hospital campuses (Mountain View and Los Gatos) as needed.
1. High School degree or equivalent.
2. Previous call center, dispatch, or customer service experience, preferably in a hospital or healthcare environment.
3. Proficient use of communication systems including multi-line phones, two-way radios, vocera and building paging.
b. Previous experience with Cisco UCCX, Intellidesk platforms and Siemens and Simplex fire panels highly desirable.
5. Proficient use of computer systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications, email and internet.
6. Proficient use of proper English and strong verbal, reading and comprehension skills.
7. Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn healthcare and emergency terminology and procedures.
8. Ability to listen carefully and accurately recall detailed information in a fast-paced environment.
9. Ability to take action as indicated by general instructions and established procedures to resolve routine assignments.
10. Ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks and manage resources within established timeframes.
11. Demonstrated compassionate and professional demeanor.
12. Medical terminology a plus.