Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Communications Specialist - Full Performance
PAE National Security Solutions, is looking for a Developmental Communications Specialist to provide support with communication activities by managing digital content, developing written content, and organizing events. Relevant subject matter is moderately to highly complex and involves coordination across stakeholders in multiple areas.
Candidate Must have an Active and Eligible for Crossover at the TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance with Poly at time of employment.
Specific duties and responsibilities will vary based on assignment area.
- Build audience insight using appropriate tools to monitor content
- Gather and analyze evidence to understand user needs and appetite for products
- Understand the range of employee insight sources (both quantitative and qualitative) available within the organization
- Gather insight on communication usage, needs, and preferences
- Use data to inform selection of internal communication channels
- Support the design and delivery of techniques to assess the effectiveness and impact of communication
- Review existing sources of insight (including previous communication activity) to understand the overall context for communication and audience influencers
- Use insight to identify target audiences and partners, support decision making and help inform the overall communication approach
- Monitor, summarize, and provide analysis of communications activities, including digital communications
- Advise on, analyze, and support the implementation of feedback mechanisms (quantitative and qualitative) to measure employee engagement and effectiveness of internal communication
- Provide key metrics to the Office of Public Affairs
- Write clearly in plain, simple, clear, concise, accurate language and check work tor spelling and grammar
- Express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
- Deliver online events including live chats, broadcasts, blogs, and microblogs
- Have practical understanding of digital tools including SharePoint and Wordpress content management systems
- Have a practical understanding of organizational functions, roles, and communication requirements to enable the design of tailored content
- Select appropriate visuals to improve the impact of communication (tor example, photography and infographies)
- Have good understanding of accessibility and usability issues; create content that meets accessibility and usability requirements
- Support delivery of communication content and statt events, ensuring products are delivered to a high quality
- Deliver corporate messages to local audience in appropriately tailored manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of the communication objectives and how these support customer objectives
- Develop outline communication plans, identifying the most effective channels and tools to engage audiences and maximize reach
- Organize staff events that advance communication objectives; may include a range of tasks related to logistics and content
- Align internal communication to key change program delivery milestones
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Power Point, Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Visio
- Strong interpersonal communication, written communication skill and customer service skills
- Ability to research and draft original content for a variety of channels and audiences
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to implement quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools
- Ability to analysis performance metrics and evaluation data to products
- Experience using web content management systems
- Proficiency with Photoshop; ability to crop and size images and adjust color
- Ability to use digital channels including live chats, blogs, and microblogs
- Experience organizing moderately complex events
- Ability to develop products that meet American Disabilities Act (ADA) 508 requirements
- Familiarity with usability principles
- Proficiency using digital channels including live chats, blogs, and microblogs
- Ability to create Excel spreadsheets and graphics to represent data
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Clearance Requirements:
- Must have an Active and Eligible for Crossover at the TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance with Poly at time of employment.
- Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in any field (degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or public relations preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED plus 5 years general work experience
- Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 year relevant or comparable experience
- Work is typically performed in an office environment, requiring the use of computer terminals and standard office equipment to accomplish work objectives. While performing the duties of this job, use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May require extended periods of sitting for long meetings.
- Work assignments may require occasional travel throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.