Contract Specialist II
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated End Date: 10/2021
FT/PT: FT - Remote
The Contract Specialist II shall have a construction background, to work in the Contract & Procurement’s Construction Branch. The ideal candidate(s) will have experience providing contract development and management functions in construction and procurement related areas; possess excellent interpersonal skills to clearly explain rules and procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide contracting support services to develop construction solicitations such as design-build, design-bid-build, etc., contract awards and related documents to include, but not limited to, the statement of work (SOW), terms and conditions, and other requirements and documentation applicable to different type of procurements.
- Prepare contracts and review proposals/bids and price quotes;
- Preparing required justifications and review documents to ensure high standards of quality and the proper applications of the rules and regulations.
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with government and agency policies and procedures; determines the most appropriate method of procurement; determines if requested items can be obtained via an existing contract; conducting pre-bid/proposal conferences, distribution of bid invitations and participates in walk-throughs with bidders/offerors on site locations, when needed.
- Gathers, compiles and tabulates bids; evaluates price quotes and compares to specifications; evaluates vendors’ ability to provide quality materials, equipment, and services; recommends the most advantageous bid; drafts final contract and notifying winning vendor.
- Conducts market place analyses to construct pricing arrangement, subcontracting policy, and similar considerations; prepares and maintains current acquisition plans, milestone charts, and related schedules; using assigned systems and tools (e.g. PASS) to input, track and report on work items
- Performs analysis of costs based on prevailing material and labor costs; recommends modifications to contractual arrangements.
- Perform other duties as necessary
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
- Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
- Expert knowledge of contracting methods, contract types, and acquisition planning and implementation of contracts to carry out pre-award and post-award procurement actions such as formal advertising negotiation, fixed price cost contracting, and use of special provisions and incentive programs.
- Professional knowledge of cost/price and market analysis techniques such as cost estimating sufficient to evaluate a contractor’s proposal and prepare a pre-negotiation position with justification.
- Advance knowledge and proven experience with all aspects of bids including responsiveness ranges, contractor responsibility and contractor performance measurements; and comprehensive knowledge of small purchasing arrangements, procedures and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of construction program management, with demonstrated success in application of customer servicing and problem resolution skills including conducting root cause analyses; proven ability to manage projects from concept through implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of automated procurement support systems and Microsoft Office; advanced experience in working hands-on with web-based applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills required to respond effectively to requests and complaints.
Work Experience and Education:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in procurement; OR any combination of education and experience which exhibits the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College is required.
How To Apply: Please respond with your resume for consideration. We welcome all candidates that meet the* REQUIRED* qualifications with recent relevant experience. Palmer Legal Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
About Us: Palmer is a full service award-winning staffing agency offering temp, temp-to-hire and direct hire placements for clerical, administrative, records, accounting, HR, management, executive and legal positions. We represent interesting associations, worthy non-profits, exciting corporations and for-profit companies, prestigious law firms and the DC and federal government.
Palmer Google reviews = 4.7 stars, visit online to see what other Palmer candidates have to say about us. You are more than just a “number”!
Visit www.palmer-staffing.com and view our job board, contact a recruiter, link to our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.