Requisition ID: 85260
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group’s Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
The Communications System Engineering Manager leads and manages a team of communications system engineers or the third-party engineering contractors for successful delivery and completion of projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead all facets of communications system engineering effort
• Oversee the development of the scope of work for communications system engineering tasks
• Manage related schedules and budgets for assigned project elements; monitor progress against schedule and budget requirements; and identify and document changes in scope
• Determine the applicable scope of work for procurement of materials and equipment, procurement schedules and budgets for assigned project buy outs; monitor progress to maintain those procurements; and interface with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process
• Coordinate work among other discipline leads towards successful deliverables and completion of projects
• Determine, assign, and manage appropriate personnel with proper skill set for successful completion of tasks and projects
• Identify resource needs, develop and execute hiring plan to meet these needs.
• Prepare and/or review technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management
• Ability to select technology, devices, equipment and/or components to meet performance requirements.
• Assess and manage potential outside design consultants.
• Provide guidance for teaming / subcontracting arrangements as well as evaluate estimated design costs.
• Other supporting tasks deemed necessary by the senior leadership
• Minimum 20 years of progressive work experience and thorough understanding of the following, but not limited to;
o Communications system design, and construction. This includes, but not limited to, the network backbone, the fiber optic network, network architecture and configuration, radio system, network interface with safety critical and auxiliary systems,
o Regulations and standards for communications system design, operation, and maintenance
o Communications system project and/or construction management
o Engineering and contract management
o Systems integration management
o Intermediate to advanced understanding of other subsystems such as train control, supervisory control/ SCADA, traction power, tunnel ventilation, and auxiliary electrical systems
o Intermediate to advanced understanding of on-board/ wayside interface
o Intermediate to advanced understanding, at minimum of communications system aspect of train control technologies such as ATC, PTC, and CBTC
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering, information systems engineering or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree in engineering or engineering management is preferred.
• Ability to travel as business requires (estimated 50%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment:Communications, Engineer, Construction, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Marketing, Engineering