Looking to make a genuine difference in someone's life? Apply today!�
The Rock Creek Foundation, which remains part of the Affiliated Sant� Group today, pioneered the community-based treatment of individuals with both psychiatric needs and developmental disabilities, employing values-based management services. Those services included the first private fee-for-service outpatient mental health center and psychiatric rehabilitation program in the State of Maryland. Rock Creek�s ground-breaking treatment and service delivery strategies were praised by the President�s Committee on Mental Retardation in 1979 as a �program of national significance.� At the time, direct state funding and grants were not available to enable low-income individuals and families to access such innovative services. RCF�s commitment to serving all populations led the organization to secure Medicaid funding for such services, a new use of Medicaid funds at the time.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time CDS Counselor who will�provided assistance to assigned consumers on caseload with a disability in all activities and day-to-day needs during the day; assists with day program activities as time permits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Assists in planning recreational activities
- Counsels clients in identifying and resolving social or other problems
- Compiles records of daily activities of client
- Writes and submits incident reports as needed
- Monitors and maintains client records
- Supervises group-sponsored trips and social functions
- Escorts individuals on trips outside establishment for recreational activities
- Ensures compliance with COMAR, MHP and company regulations
- Implement Individualized Plan goals and outcomes
- Updates client goals, contact notes accurately and in a timely manner; completing all required documentation to maintain accuracy of client records
- Accompanies or transports consumers in the assigned program to and from day program and to all activities including work; modifies day program activities to accommodate consumer�s needs; and monitors consumer�s progress toward goals
- Depending on assignment, monitors, corrects, and instructs consumer�s behavior, de-escalates anger and frustration, assists consumer in conflict resolution from harming self or others; keeps consumer attention focused on activities or work duties
- Maintains daily communication with house staff, usually through written progress reports; and meeting with staff one time per week; maintains consumer�s chart
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of one (1) year experience working with Adults diagnosed with varying mental health and intellectual disabilities.
- Knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office software (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Able to obtain DDA med administration.
- Must possess a valid driver�s license with less than two (2) points as well as current automobile insurance.
- Must have access to a vehicle to use for business purposes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Benefits of working for Sante:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (401k and more) -�Full-Time ONLY
- Our clinical teams are highly trained and nationally recognized
- We provide training, supervision, and assistance with CEUs and licensing costs
- Work life balance� - we value family, flexibility, and vacation time
Rock Creek Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.�Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.�Rock Creek Foundation participates in E-Verify.