At Elmington Property Management, we do things a little differently. We're not your ordinary property management group and pride ourselves on doing business with smarts while being unexpected. We thrive on showing investors, customers, and residents that property development & management doesn't have to be boring.
Our motto? Forget the Ordinary.
We are seeking an amazing Community Director!
As a Community Director you will report to a Regional Property Manager who will act as your coach. As in any athletic sport, a coach is not allowed on the field of play, but rather develops the key players to perform on the field. The Regional can call plays, but they are not allowed to take the ball. You, however, are the team captain and can run with it. You will be expected to manage your community and, with the help of your coach, execute a successful game plan. But you must be the one to execute.
Each Elmington community is its own living, breathing corporation. It has income and expenses, debt and a bottom line - all of which we will look to you to help optimize. Along with this responsibility comes a very high level of expectations. We are asking you to be the leader of a multi-million dollar company. You will be asked to provide a strong understanding and execution of complex financial statements, budgets and staffing. You will be asked to effectively manage the reputation of the community viva social media, direct communication and the communication of your staff. You will be asked to drive
leasing and income to continuously find new ways to grow the entrusted company. You will be asked to manage the service staff, ensuring the utmost efficiencies to maximize revenues and minimize expenses.
As the leader of a multi-million dollar company, you are only as good as those on your team. We will look to you to ensure you have the best team. At Elmington, you will be pushed to Forget The Ordinary & Think Like an Owner. Every day.
To be an effective Community Director at Elmington, you will need to:
- Have a great attitude
- Have high expectations
- Think BEYOND the box
- Work with passion
- Have a tireless work ethic
- Be confident
- Be self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Take pride in your work
- Be a good listener
- Offer a solution with every problem
- Be inspiring and motivational to your team
- Go above and beyond for your residents
- Positively promote your community
Your Key Job Responsibilities will be to:
- Effectively manage staff, operations and financial performance of your community
- Be the primary representative onsite of Elmington to residents, vendors and employees
- Be the positive leader of your team
- Constantly learn and search for ways to improve your business
- Think creatively and go way beyond the box by conceptualizing new ideas to improve the business
- Be an effective listener who offers helpful solutions
- Possess great energy, enjoy challenges, and constantly set and reach new goals
- Successfully execute Elmington's non-negotiables for community performance
Essential Functions of Your Role Include, but are not limited to:
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Financial management, review and reporting
- Ensuring all members of the team are abiding by federal fair housing standards and all other laws
- Presenting a professional image and effectively representing the company to residents, vendors, and owners
- Operating computers and other technological devices to access email, internet websites for business marketing and company utilized software
- Preparing, locating and compiling information and documents
- Physically inspecting the property in its entirety
- Maintaining neat and consistent resident files onsite in either electronic and/or hardcopy format
- Responding to issues outside of normal work schedule when required
- If in a non-exempt role - accurately reporting all time worked by clocking in before beginning to work and out only when done working
- Following all company policies and procedures
- 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks of Paid Time Off your first year and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Insurance medical, dental, vision, life
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Prepare for your future with 401K.
- Long term & short term disability.
- Elmington Elevates participate in Elmington's way of giving back by serving our communities.
- Empowerment to Think Like an Owner and deliver results.
- The opportunity to Forget the Ordinary.
- Property growth from 700 units in 2014 to almost 22,500 today.
- No ceiling to your career growth. It's up to you!
The Elmington Experience
We're creating a different kind of company at Elmington. We promise we will be never be ordinary, which we hope you can see by this job description. There will be many days you simply aren't comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged by your team leader and your peers to achieve more and to find better ways. With that said, we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge and appreciate working with exceptional people, then Elmington could very well be the last company you ever work for.
Are you ready to FTO? It's time to TLO!
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, we
provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified.