- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Forest View Educational Center
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- JOB TITLE: Community Education Cultural & Performing Arts Production Assistant
THIS IS NOT A DISTRICT 214 POSITION
SALARY: $15.00 per hour
- Hours will vary.
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours.
The District 214 Community Education Cultural & Performing Arts (CPA) production assistant is an energetic, personable, self-starter who will provide coverage and supervision of CPA events on weekends, mostly Sunday afternoons, or as scheduled.
This position, reporting to the Operations and Marketing supervisor, will work very closely with the CPA coordinator. The production assistant is expected to provide technical assistance with sets, lighting and sound, and assist in load in and out/strike. Some production experience with sets, lighting and sound is a plus but not required.
Provide technical assistance with sets, lighting, sound and other duties for The Concert Series at Forest View and CPA partners and their shows on weekends at Forest View Educational Center.
- The Concert Series at Forest View – CPA coordinator will provide schedule.
- Partners’ list of shows will be provided by CPA coordinator.
- Provides technical assistance to The Theater Lab in December,Mount Prospect and Prospect Heights Park Districts dance recital in December and June, and other special events; hours will be discussed closer to these events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Education
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to lift 20 lbs., bend, stoop, and stretch overhead
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Complete an online application and provide the following information:
- Cover letter expressing interest in position.
- Resume listing experience, training and education.
- Three current letters of recommendation.
Click on the RED "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
"An equal employment and equal education opportunity agency."