The Community Engagement & Event Manager is responsible for developing and implementing community engagement and event marketing strategies in order to cultivate positive brand awareness and bring Bank of Marin’s philanthropic philosophy to life. This position will be a key representative of the Bank in the community, fostering and nurturing relationships with key community stakeholders – nonprofit and economic development organizations, government agencies and corporate partners. Additionally, the Community Engagement and Event Manager is expected to innovate, lead and execute events-based programs across the Bank’s six-county footprint, including corporate and employee volunteer events. This individual should demonstrate a high level of strategic thinking, and have the ability to manage execution of key initiatives. Strong interpersonal skills and extensive knowledge of nonprofit sector is a must.
Build relationships with and between the Bank’s clients, employees and community partners positioning the Bank as a business resource for the local economy and committed member of the community.
- Develop the Bank’s corporate giving strategy and implement guidelines to identify key community partners and evaluate charitable contributions
- Nurture relationships with community partners to develop multi-dimensional community engagement plans – corporate giving, media relations, promotion, and volunteerism
- Guide and provide recommendations to regional leadership teams on how to best engage with their respective markets through corporate giving and unique, locally-focused events and volunteer programs. Ensure well-balanced contributions plans addressing a diverse set of needs in our communities
- Partner with Marketing & Corporate Communications Manager to develop a communications plan and share philanthropic success stories both internally and externally – all-staff meetings, online/social media, media partners, etc.
- Provide appropriate documentation to Compliance to meet regulatory requirements for monitoring and reporting on adherence to the Community Reinvestment Act
- Lead special events and marketing communications projects such as the annual large-scale internal events, client and prospect entertainment events, community sponsorship events, and other projects identified in the implementation plan to include communications, promotion/community outreach, business development and volunteerism
- Provide direction and copywriting in support of marketing priorities and special events to include collateral/promotional print and digital materials, advertising, media relations materials, proposals, scripts/run of show, work plans, creative briefs, research and analysis documents and reports
- Develop and implement processes for gathering, analyzing and improving data management as related to event marketing and planning execution
- Manage the events calendar and communication including scheduling, promotion and regional team participation
- Manage event budgets and work closely with internal partners to ensure proper documentation, reporting, contracts, and legal requirements specific event production
- Using an event production lens, ensure key stakeholders have a positive experience with Bank of Marin and utilize relationship building efforts to maximize retention
- Develop and implement an employee engagement plan focused on recognizing employees and promoting participation in local community organizations and events. Includes placing bank officers on community boards
- Leverage volunteerism to enhance and bolster awareness of the Bank’s corporate giving strategy and overall community commitment
- Ensure effective communication with employees and community partners
- Ensure accurate mechanisms to track, measure and report on the impact of volunteer events
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in complementary field; or equivalent combination of experience and/or training. Related Masters Degree from an accredited institution a plus
- 5 – 7 years related experience and/or training
- Superior writing and editing expertise. Strong administrative, operational, and organizational skills are essential. Excellent coordination and communication (oral and written) skills, active listening, problem solving, and relationship skills are necessary
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills needed
- Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and some knowledge of database management, project management and event management software
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign software a plus
The Bank of Marin is a growing public company with career advancement opportunities. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing and employee stock ownership plans, tuition reimbursement, and an employee volunteer program.
Bank of Marin is an equal opportunity employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability