Staples focuses on our customer and our community. As a Community Event Coordinator, you’ll play an important role as we pilot a new event space in our stores called “Spotlight”. It is a collaborative space where members of the local community can host and attend seminars, events, and meetings for professional and personal development.
You will assist in creating a portfolio of programs in a Staples store that aligns with community needs and supports Staples strategy. You will be supporting the execution of the Spotlight Program with the goal of driving traffic, improving the customer experience and perception of Staples. Store events may include workshops, seminars, training sessions, and community events.
You will be positive, inclusive and collaborative in helping our customers and the community. We are investing in our people and our stores, empowering you to learn, grow and deliver. You will be part of a fun, team-oriented retail culture motivated to deliver on Staples values.
Get great perks because, you matter.
- Flexible hours/shifts and generous paid time off
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- 401(k) plan with a company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and many more benefits
Support the overall execution of the Spotlight Program.
- Prepare collateral to promote events instore and through social media
- Support the overall process and requirements for all scheduled events
- Attend and assist in the successful execution of events
Play an active role in helping your store, your customer and your community win.
- Source speakers or vendors and assess content that will be shared during Spotlight events
- Partner with Home Office to curate event content that aligns with Staples strategy and Values
- Facilitate communications with potential or scheduled presenters prior to and following all events
- Maintain online schedules of events and responsible for booking stores / locations for events
- Provide timely information to Field Leadership and Store Management to execute store events
Essential skills and experience:
- Flexible availability including evenings and weekends
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to align priorities with business needs
- Prior experience with community or event planning, content and/or social marketing, or program management
- Ability to help teams implement process and execution remotely and in person
- Experience communicating with a variety of stakeholders
- Able to travel to different stores, local events and customers places of business in a market of Staples stores
- Ability to lift and move products/displays and set up for events. Weights will vary, and associate can choose when to stop for breaks, it is not repetitive in nature
Preferred skills and experience:
- Associates degree with a focus on Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field
- Understanding of the retail customer and marketplace by directly having worked in the retail environment