Providence is calling a Community Health Worker 2 (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Office Park in Portland, OR.
Please note this is a mobile position primarily covering the East Portland Metro area.
We are seeking a Community Health Worker 2 who will serve as a liaison/ link/ intermediary between health/social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery. CHWs also build individual and community capacity by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, community education, informal counseling, social support and advocacy (American Public Health Association, 2008). The will also work as part of a care team to effectively address the needs of patients in a collaborative, patient driven manner. The CHW has a good understanding of the various Providence and community based resources and can advise patients on how to best take advantage of these resources. It will support the Proactive Outreach Team (POT) which provides multi-disciplinary, trauma-informed care coordination for high risk, vulnerable Providence Medical Group (PMG) patients and their families. The POT provides short-term, intensive support, advocacy and empowerment. This mobile team of nurses and social workers work to improve primary care access for patients suffering from many combinations of physical and mental health needs, as well as social barriers that impact health.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assists patients in identifying and navigating to and through various health and social resources that will help patients achieve health outcomes.
- Works as part of a collaborative care team to achieve optimal quality, cost and patient experience outcomes.
- Collaborates with patients, clinical staff cross a variety of areas within Providence, and community partners to empower patients in securing the services and supports they need in a longitudinal model of care.
- Records activities in appropriate electronic records to fulfill requirements of measurement, coordination, payment and documentation.
- Provides project management to ensure the successful implementation of patient self-screening for health related social needs across appropriate settings of care.
- Participates in regular meetings of Community Care Coordinators, and in the CHW Community of Practice.