Community Liaison – Hospice
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Community Liaison is an individual who works with the community to explain the services offered and provided by Grace and Comfort Hospice and USMM. This position is responsible for growing the hospice census in a defined market or territory and represents USMM in the community. The Community Liaison will oversee sales activities, which includes account identification, and development, as well as servicing existing accounts. Accounts are defined as physicians, facilities, hospitals, group homes, case managers, social workers, and other discharge planners. Accounts may also include community organizations, such as church groups, senior centers, chronic disease support groups, and any other community organizations. The Community Liaison will develop a business plan which includes current hospice accounts and speak to the ability to grow the hospice business in a defined territory. The Community Liaison works under minimal supervision and has a flexible work schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reaches out to Physicians and facilities, such as hospitals, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, facility discharge planning, and assisted living
- Develops and maintains contact with key community and consumer organizations, to provide education and ongoing updates on Grace/Comfort Hospice services, USMM and benefits available
- Utilizes appropriate company resources to maintain and develop business opportunities
- Maintains market awareness and prepares competitive updates
- Makes sales calls, arranges appointments, and delivers programs to keep referral sources current in USMM and hospice service offerings
- Complies with field activity documentation and reporting requirements through database management and reports field activity to management
- Is familiar with and complies with STARK Laws as they pertain to healthcare sales
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a Health-related degree or equivalent years of experience in such field
- One year of health care related industry sales/marketing experience
- Excellent organization, problem solving skills and the ability to appropriately represent company service capabilities to the targeted referral source
- Knowledge of sales techniques and territory management
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and customer service skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and attend sales meetings as required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Prior experience in with Hospice or Home Care