Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career whereyour skills and passion for delivering quality care makea positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
Serves, as part of the interdisciplinary team in identifying and addressing needs of the consumer. Serves as a mentor to assigned adolescents. Provides guidance regarding life skills and practical application of all training received. To include, but not limited to consumer daily living skills, problem solving, anger management, symptom support and utilizing resources and referrals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Attend and participate in all scheduled team meetings.
- Do rehabilitation assessments and establish training plan.
- Maintain confidentiality of all reports concerning staffing and consumers.
- Work with team on assessments and treatment planning.
- Contribute to team knowledge and understanding of each consumer.
- Train and support consumers in completion of activities of daily living.
- Assist in training consumers in linking with resources
- Help monitor and assess consumers on an on-going basis.
- Orient consumers in adjusting to new environments.
- Assist the medical and nursing staff in monitoring by reporting potential problems.
- Document training efforts within 24 hours of providing the service.
- Work with family members/support system to gain their support in consumer’s success.
- Crisis intervention as needed.
- Provide training and support in real life extramural settings.
- Advocate for consumers in agency interactions.
- Lead community living skills groups as scheduled, based on consumer-identified needs.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. Due to the multi-site responsibilities of this position the incumbent must be able to carry equipment and supplies (up to 15 pounds). The position requires standing and/or walking in excess of 7 hours a day.
- In-county travel.
- No overnight travel required.
- The work environment describe here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level may vary between low and mild.
- The work environment should not be unusually hot or cold.This job description is a record of major aspects of the job, but is not an all-inclusive job contract. Dallas Metrocare Services maintains its status as an “at-will” employer and nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to guarantee employment for any length of time. Additional tasks may be assigned as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor. The position’s status conforms to the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended, and the employee has agreed to the standards methods of compensation in compliance with Center’s procedures and Federal Law.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree with 0 to one year experience, or High school/GED with four to five years experience in MH/MR, vocational services, human services or business. Prefer experience in teaching living skills and/or psycho/educational material.
- Ability to work evening and weekends
- Ability to function independently as a team member in work setting.
- Able to work collaboratively with co-workers.
- Ability to present psych-educational material in a manner understandable to consumers.
- Ability to display sensitivity to clinical issues presented by consumers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively document clinical progress in an automated record keeping system.
- Intermediate level on MS Excel, Email and word processing programs
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefitsEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerTobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters