We are looking for a Community Manager to lead the team at our 103 unit tax-credit senior apartment community (with 51 permanent supportive housing units) in Los Angeles. This property is currently under construction.
WSH Management has managed senior and multi-family properties since we began operations almost 20 years ago and are very experienced in the management of both affordable and market rate apartment communities. We currently manage over 60 properties in California and have over 100 employees. Come join us!
This specific position is responsible for the lease up and subsequent management of a 103 unit senior tax credit apartment community (51 units homeless permanent supportive housing), with a proven track record of partnering & interfacing with an on-site Supportive Services Provider for a Permanent Supportive Housing program.
This position is also responsible for lease up during construction, qualification of new residents, ongoing tax credit compliance, weekly and monthly reports, consistent implementation of community policies, accounts receivable/payable, and preparing annual budgets. The Community Manager is also responsible for the supervision of assistant manager, maintenance and development of employees.
Essential Functions Include:
- Proven experience partnering & interfacing with on-site Supportive Services Provider for a Permanent Supportive Housing program.
- Direct experience working with the Coordinated Entry System (CES) communication process for available PSH unit availability.
- Ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners’ best interest in owners' best interest in accordance with policies & procedures.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity and lost rent is minimized.
- Ensure that invoices are accurately processed for approval and payment by Corporate office, manage petty cash and all funds.
- Address resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis.
- Minimum 2-3 years working with permanent programs serving homeless or other special needs populations.
- Commitment to affordable Senior Housing.
- Previous Tax Credit Property lease up as a Community Manager.
- Minimum 2-3 years as Community Manager of a stabilized Tax Credit property.
- Supervisory experience Property Management software experience.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Candidate will be required to pass a background and drug screening. (A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from employment with WSH Management.)
FULL benefit pkg includes:
- Medical & dental; paid vacation and holidays; 401K plan with employer matching contribution.
- Salary: $24.00 per hour (full time)
- Must live on-site (2-bedroom apartment), after construction is complete.
Resumes will be accepted by email only.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
WSH Management provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. If needed, reasonable accommodations for the hiring process will be made.
WSH Management is a drug free workplace.
WSH Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO