- Job Label:
- MM_Mosby Cool Springs
Reports to: Regional or Area Property Manager
Department: Community Management
Supervises: Service Manager, Assistant Manager, Leasing Consultants
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, the Community Manager is responsible for excellent customer service in the daily management and coordination of all aspects of this new Class A apartment community including but not limited to lease-up operations; maximization of cash flow while preserving assets; achievement of budgeted NOI; providing a quality living environment for residents; establishing a positive working environment for property team members; and leading by example. The Community Manager duties vary depending on the needs of the community from performing many functions personally to delegating and following up on most of the daily functions. The Community Manager lives and promotes our Mission and Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achievement of net income, revenue growth, rent collection, and property financial performance compared to the annual operating budget.
- Responsible for timely rent collection, minimizing delinquencies, banking activities with daily deposits, preparation of collection documents, personally contacting residents to collect overdue rent, collecting late charges, and make court appearances when necessary.
- Responsible for all property management software input & report functions; accuracy and timely preparation of leasing activities, A/R cash receipts, statement of disposition, A/P invoices, monthly closing procedures, late fees, and renewals.
- Develop cost saving strategies to reduce budgeted expenses including utilities, pool, landscaping, flooring, window coverings, turnover items, maintenance supplies, office supplies, payroll, resident activities and marketing programs.
- Development of an annual operating budget and business plan.
- Monitor all revenue transactions, check endorsements, no cash policy and daily deposit procedures.
- Accurate and timely preparation of statement of security deposit, rent payment deposits, payroll documents, accounts payable and Profit & Loss Variance.
- Reduce Bad Debt Loss by ensuring daily deposits, contacting residents to collect unpaid rent, collecting late charges, processing unlawful detainees & file evictions, preparation of collection documents, court appearances.
- Analyze income and expenses, traffic, 30-60-90-120 lease expirations, market rents, delinquency financial statements, and make recommendations as needed.
- Recommend and monitor all capital improvements, deferred maintenance and upgrade programs. Monitor and direct service operations to ensure turnover and make readies preventative maintenance tasks are completed and on schedule.
- Review and analyze all bid summaries for purchase of goods and services per the contract process. Ensure that all contracted services and materials are accounted for and that the work has been performed properly prior to the release of payment.
- Daily review of collections and delinquencies. Process delinquencies according to policy.
- Serve as property representative in court proceedings, understanding all property legal issues affecting residency, storage, abandonment, bankruptcy, fair housing and unlawful detainer/eviction actions.
- Monitor and direct service operations to ensure vacant apartments are in market ready condition with minimal delay from construction or with a less than 3-5 day downtime for preparation of market ready apartments to be defined turn for upgrade units and ensure it would pass the “white glove” test.
- Develop and adhere to marketing and leasing plan.
- Obtain aggressive personal leasing goals and coach management team on doing the same.
- Monitor direction of rental activity and all on-site sales, marketing outreach, and advertising plans.
- Maintain on-going, in-depth knowledge of associated market, market rents and demographics to give a competitive edge.
- Monitor daily move-in/move-out reports; verify accuracy and completeness of lease packages, follow-up daily on all notices to vacate to determine reason for moving and the possibility of renewal. Ensure timely processing of move-outs.
- Verify weekly traffic sources, follow up on customer status and closing ratios and implement programs and team development plans to improve results.
- Evaluate team members to overcome barriers of reaching closing ratio and shopping report score goals and develop & implement corrective action plan.
- Ensure all residents are on a current lease and that the lease expiration and rental increases are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor compliance with Fair Housing regulations, HUD regulations if applicable, and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines and occupancy standards.
- Review resident retention programs and modify to meet resident needs and improve retention.
- Help manage construction process to ensure timely and safe delivery of units.
- Daily inspection of the property and market ready units for curb appeal, safety and over-all condition.
- Monitor and direct service operations to ensure service requests are completed within defined timeframe, and curb appeal standards are met.
- Responsible for performance of safety and risk management functions including monthly safety meetings.
- Assess property worker’s compensation and safety standings and recommend action plan to reduce injuries, damages, loss and claims.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering phone by 3rd ring; maximum 1 hour lead response time, maximum 24 hour follow up, and by having a courteous and professional attitude toward all customers.
- Available for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, and weekends.
- Recruit and select team members by understanding and adhering to the selection process policies and procedures.
- Train, coach, and mentor team members; ensure team members receive the necessary training to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Create a team environment: hold daily team meetings; manage by establishing realistic goals and foster open communication.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members. Evaluate team members through scheduled formal written performance reviews and informal monthly reviews. Take corrective action as necessary according to company policy.
- Provide recommendations for compensation adjustments, promotions, and terminations.
- Lead by example. Accept responsibility for all actions on the property and hold direct reports accountable. Keep files, desk, office and calendar organized.
- Perform other duties as required.
College Degree (BA or BS). At least 2-3 years property management experience with experience with lease up and/or repositioning and capital projects. Knowledge of South Carolina tenant and housing laws. Knowledge of budgets and financial statements as well as the ability to work within budget guidelines. Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, and online property management platforms. Sales, customer service, and marketing experience. Working knowledge of eviction law, Fair Housing mandates and other legal issues affecting property management. Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written. In depth knowledge of Charleston multifamily market.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
ARM, CPM, CAM, CAPS or other applicable industry designation preferred. RealPage experience preferred.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS USED:
Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Knowledge of personal computers, Internet applications, and accounting and property management software, printers, telephones.
This position primarily performs office work. Requires the use of computers and telephones. Requires walking and climbing steps for property tours and kneeling and bending for access to files. Occasionally requires lifting 20 pounds or less. May require driving of golf carts.
Great opportunity at a newly constructed Class A apartment community for an experienced Community Manager with prior lease-up and management experience.
Based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, Middleburg is a fully integrated real estate operating company specializing in the acquisition, development, and management of quality apartment communities throughout the southeastern United States.
- Related Keywords:
- Property Manager, Community Manager, Property Management, Multifamily, Real Estate, High End Retail, Restaurant, Hotel, Hospitality, lease-up