Peak Living is a seeking qualified Community Manager, with tax credit experience, to join our team!Under the direction of the Regional Manager, the Community Manager supports and assists in all aspects of community operations.
At Peak Living, our employees love where they work. We are a full-service real estate management company with communities across the United States. Peak Living is uniquely positioned for growth as it continues rapid expansion through acquisitions. We believe successful growth is best achieved by developing high quality teams and empowering them in their roles to boost property performance.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Independently establish priorities, manage time effectively, and fulfill assigned objectives and projects.
- Respond to and resolve unexpected problems and handle priority changes in a fast-moving, fluid environment.
- Interpersonal skills, and ability to develop close business relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and word.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to give clear direction and respond to inquiries. Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
- Proven ability to lead onsite staff and help them be successful
- Comprehend legal documents and carry out related rent collections and lease management.
- Ability to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of property operations with emphasis on lease terms to support contract enforcement, including collections.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service resulting in resident retention
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience as an onsite Community Manager or Assistant Community Manager in multi-family housing, hospitality or similar industry.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- College education, CAM or ARM certification preferred
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) designation preferred (for LIHTC)
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation preferred (for Section 8)
- 1 year of experience in LIHTC communities
- The Community Manager supervises all community associates
- Ensures that the property is in compliance with all tax credit requirements
- The Community Manager supports and participates in fulfilling the customer service and leasing standards.
- Responds to resident requests promptly and courteously and provides solutions to resolves resident issues
- Direct all marketing efforts
- Assist in preparing all paperwork specific to new and renewal lease agreements.
- Determine lease renewal rates and assist in delivery of renewal letters to secure renewals.
- Recommend rental rate adjustments or concessions to the Regional Manager necessary to increase rental activity.
- Review resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicate with residents regarding outstanding balances, implement procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforce the lease to maximize revenue.
- Reporting responsibilities include preparation of weekly and monthly reports, 3-day demands, delinquency report updates, other income and utility tracking spreadsheets, move-in/move-out inspections, invoices, final security deposit disposition reports and any other reports requested by the Regional Manager.
- Direct the organization of community resident activities, preparing newsletters and maintaining resident loyalty and retention programs.
- Identify areas for improvement and improve the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the community.
- Research and shop the competition a minimum of one time per quarter to ensure that rental rates, concessions, security deposits etc. align with market conditions.
- Collect, post, and deposit rents/security deposits and other community income on a daily basis.
- Lead the maintenance and management of budgeted occupancy, collections, and expenses.
Peak Living believes in a work life balance and offers our employees a generous paid time off policy. Peak Living also offers numerous medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision plans. Employees also become eligible for a match to their 401K contributions.