ABOUT PITTSBURGH MERCY
We’re a community-based health and human services organization using person-centered care to treat our area’s most vulnerable populations. We work with families in settings that are safe and familiar to them, and view them as equal partners when planning, developing, and monitoring care.
Our mission is to be a compassionate, transforming presence within our communities. We reach out to offer help – and hope – to people who are experiencing:
• Mental illness and substance abuse
• Physical health needs
• Intellectual disabilities
• Traumatic events or circumstances, including homelessness + abuse
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Community Nurse is a member of the Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment Team and are responsible for providing medications, conducting individual and group therapy, and maintaining case management for individuals with mental health and dual (MH/AOD) disorders in community-based settings across Allegheny County. You’ll assist targeted adults with serious and persistent mental illness and their families in accessing services, building support networks and resolving conflicts, as well as maintain clinical records according to organization policy and procedures.
We’re looking for people who are compassionate, responsible, and have experience with a community-based care.
• Administering injections
• Reviewing labs
• Performing medical assessments
• Providing prescriptions per doctor’s orders
• Being able to distinguish between emergent/urgent needs and ongoing clinical work
• Driver’s License
• R.N. with two years behavioral health care experience
Monday - Friday daylight shift with occasional on-call
There is additional compensation for on-call.