Call for Help, Inc just launched a newly created Community Counseling program. We're seeking a hard-working, ambitious, self-motivated individual to join our outpatient counseling team. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, with a high-energy level and be able to reach and connect with a diverse population, particularly with children. This position is not going to be your typical 9-5. The Outpatient Counselor will be responsible for helping sustain the success of the program as well as generate interest and clientele.
The Outpatient Counselor must be a Licensed Professional Counselor (LCPC, or MSW) and be in good standing with the state licensing board. Excellent one on one and group mental health counseling skills are required. This position requires a Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited university. Skills and experience in counseling, coordinating, organizing and management are necessary.
- Clinical license for at least 1 year or more.
- Experience in running a practice and or program
- Experience with CIS (Electronic Health Records program)
The Outpatient Counselor will be conducting outpatient counseling to individual clients, couples, and groups. This position requires excellent communication skills, crisis intervention, Illinois Medicaid Rule 132, assessment, treatment planning, and counseling skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Clinical counseling services of outpatient counseling
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive clinical formulation based on completion and/or review of chemical dependency, mental health, bio-psychosocial, and related assessments and client’s current functioning
- Develop, assign, and monitors individualized treatment and continuing care plans
- Provide vision, strategic planning, and assessment for the program to advance the agency mission
- Recommend program goals and objectives which support agency goals and objectives
- Responsible for providing chemical dependency and mental health counseling, including but not limited to individual, family, and group counseling. Will also provide crisis intervention, chemical dependency and mental health education, and case management for caseload
- Develop innovative methods of delivery of services based on needs of clients
- Provide timely and accurate clinical documentation
- Conduct presentations in the community as needed to promote services within agency
- Develop networking with other social service agencies in the community
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to comprehend program planning, to develop program policies, methods, and procedures
- Ability to establish, review, maintain, and analyze record keeping systems for program progress, making recommendations where needed
- Develop, install, evaluate, and revise program policies and procedures and the operations relating to department programs, and their records management
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Effective time management
- Requires the ability to adapt to stressful situations
- Knowledge of electronic health records and the ability to learn/teach others how to utilize the EHR
- Knowledge of billing practices and procedures for private insurance and Medicaid
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients
- Requires a dependable means of transportation to meet work requirements
- Requires the ability to work necessary hours to meet the position requirements, including evenings and/or weekends as necessary
- All staff driving their personal vehicles on agency business are reimbursed their driving expense, must have adequate liability insurance in effect as well as a valid Driver’s License
Call for Help, Inc. helps people overcome a variety of personal crises, ranging from sexual assault and poverty, to homelessness and mental illness. We change lives by giving people skills and support that empower them to overcome emotional and physical crisis.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years