We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their care givers, and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for community outreach, volunteer development and general office support for the California Central Coast chapter.
This is a part-time, 20 hours per week position is based in the Santa Barbara office.
* Identify opportunities to participate in community events to enhance the presence of the Association.
* Support program and development events on event day, in the management of volunteer data or scheduling leading up to events.
* Manage the recruitment, training, placement, communication, retention and recognition process for Chapter volunteers.
* Manage the volunteer database.
* Provide administrative support to the Chapter, including equipment repair, office maintenance, AP/AR support, light bookkeeping , deposit preparations and meeting logistics.
* Schedule and track upcoming chapter education programs and events.
* Provide administrative support for volunteer led education programs.
* A Bachelor's degree in a related field. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
* Two years of experience in community outreach and working with volunteers
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database entry and management. Experience using Google preferred
* Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
* Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to demonstrate a strong customer service focus, work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends
* Ability to lift 25 lbs.