The Leisure World Community located in Silver Spring, MD, has an immediate opening for a Community Patrol Officer. The CPO is responsible for providing assistance to Special Police Officer's (SPO) during all situations and fulfilling the role of the Special Police Officer in the event that the SPO is not present. The Community Patrol Officer is accountable for preventing and detecting crime, notifying and assisting Federal, State and County Emergency personnel in the event of an emergency and/or situation that would require their response and enforcing and reporting regulations designed to protect the life and property of residents and non-residents on the property of Leisure World of Maryland.
The schedule includes three days during the week and every weekend. The schedule varies between 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. shift and 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. shift. The schedule is subject to change based on departmental needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
Carries out the policies and instructions of the Security Department.
Patrols the community, maintains the peace and order, being observant of unauthorized persons, fires and emergencies.
Provides assistance to SPO in investigations and making appropriate written reports on crimes, property damage, fires, sudden death, traffic and non-traffic accidents.
Enforces traffic and parking regulations.
Provides supplemental transportation as needed.
Assists residents who are locked of their residence.
Maintains daily log of activities.
Secures administration Buildings, Clubhouses, and other buildings as required.
Provides assistance to residents in both emergency and non-emergency circumstances.
Requests medical assistance when necessary.
Gathers and records evidence.
Assists Special Police Officer with Interviewing of suspects, witnesses, and victims.
Patrols assigned area.
Responds to dispatcher calls.
Provides supervision and assistance for all Access Control Officers on duty..
Fulfills the role of Access Control Officer in cases of short staffing.
Fulfills the role of Access Control Training Officer for new hires within the Security department.
Interacts with residents and visitors in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
In the absence of the Special Police Officer, supervises Security Guards on duty during his/her shift assignment. The CPO is responsible for the daily direction, coordination, and evaluation of Security Guards during his/her shift assignment. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities includeinterviewing, hiring and training employees: planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
In addition to the Leisure World of Maryland Corporation (LWMC) staff and contract personnel, the Community Patrol Officer's principal working relationships are community residents, their families and friends of family.
Automatic Electronic Defibrillation (AED) Certification
Current valid driver's license with clean driving record
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
YEARS AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
Three (3) plus years related experience in Criminal Justice, Security field
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to act quickly, decisively, and appropriately in typical law enforcement situations as well as in emergencies.
- Ability to write clear and precise reports.
- Ability to use police equipment capably.
- Ability to gather and record evidence.
- Ability to conduct a thorough investigation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- The ability to see details at both close range and at a distance.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ides presented through spoken words and sentences (English)
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Ability to provide information to supervisors, co-workers, by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Ability to identify and respond to customer needs in a courteous manner.
- Ability to acquire thorough knowledge of state and county laws, departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures and apply these as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of: 1) regulations concerning Special Policeman (Article 41, Section 60-70, Annotated Code of Maryland), 2) Leisure World Living, 3) Department of Security Procedure Manual, 4) Traffic Laws, State of Maryland, 5) Criminal Laws, State of Maryland.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable using Microsoft Office and Excel or comparable software.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
We offer you a challenging and rewarding environment with many opportunities to learn, grow and achieve great results. If you want to be part of our team, we'd love to hear from you. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please apply at: https://lwmc.applicantpro.com/jobs/