LOOKING FOR AN ADRENALINE RUSH?! Join us and apply today!�
The Affiliated Sant� Group (Sant�) is a dynamic and leading provider of crisis psychiatric care and system management services to public and private entities. Sant�, a nonprofit entity, also manages mental health outreach and psychiatric recovery services. It has been delivering mental health care to individuals and families and pioneering new treatment modalities since 1974.
We are looking for a�PRN (Scheduled as Needed) Mobile Crisis Specialist. This position ranges from an hourly rate of $25-$30, based on experience.�
The Mobile Crisis Specialist will assess, evaluate, and perform crisis intervention techniques, and will develop a crisis plan for continuation of services related to individual consumers. He or she will be responsible for all incident documentation, and will be the on-site resource for any relevant clinical information, as well as the liaison for collaboration with other involved parties including families, friends, and other community providers. This position will work as part of a police-based team, which will include partnering with an officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilitties:�
- Perform a danger assessment, a crisis assessment, an environmental assessment upon entry to the community situation and lethality assessment
- Complete a diagnostic impression
- Perform an on scene assessment and treatment plan
- Effectively perform crisis intervention including de-escalation, crisis planning and implementation
- Able to show knowledge of various community referrals, mental health and non-mental health
- Ability to make appropriate referrals, providing follow-up accordingly to ensure linkage
- Competently make decisions about the need for an emergency petition and/or alternative psychiatric evaluation
- Ability to complete an emergency petition and educate any appropriate party on the process
- Be able to address population of child, adolescent, adult, dual-diagnosis, co-occurring and elderly
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the medical implications when working with substance abuse consumers
- Work with families and involved persons to de-escalate the situation, make a crisis plan, and enlist cooperation with recommended treatment
- Provide accurate clinical information to family and involved persons related to recommendations and possibilities for treatment
- Work in a professional and collaborative way with police, fire and other community agencies when asked to do so.
- Provide consultation and coordination to ER staff, if ER evaluation is necessary
- Appropriately and effectively document clinical and non-clinical information, regarding consumers, using CRS procedures
- Participate in and complete all required trainings
- Provide education in the community about the agency and all components of CRS when needed
- Check work e-mail and EMR according to agency protocol
- Able to provide mentoring to interns and/or lesser licensed staff
- Abide by all Federal, State and local confidentiality regulations (ie: HIPAA, 42CFR Part 2, etc�)
- Comply with all mandatory reporting and duty to warn, according to Federal, State and local regulations
- Able to comply with and follow all of the programs� contractual and operational requirements, as outlined by your manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess and maintain current licensure in the State of North Carolina (ie: LCSW/LPC).
- Master�s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or a related field of study with at least one year of experience in related field; two years preferred.
- Must be able to commit to 10hr work shifts.
- Must be able to de-escalate high-risk situations and comfortable wearing a bullet proof vest.�
- No more than two (2) points on their driving record.
We expect all staff to have a strong desire to provide excellent customer service; to comply with the rules and regulations of those organizations to which we are accountable; to have high ethical and professional standards of conduct; and to have an attitude of wanting to continuously improve their own professional performance.
Affiliated Sant� Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.�Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Affiliated Sant� Group participates in E-Verify.