Purpose “Serve Members and Each Other Well”
Each staff member’s overall goal is to create a positive difference in the lives of our members, our fellow staff members, and the communities we serve.
Under the guidance of the VP of Marketing, the primary function of this position is to grow the Credit Union through membership development, community outreach and social media presence. This person will connect the Credit Union with the community to strategically foster and support a positive public image while increasing brand awareness.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Develops opportunities that achieve and support Credit Union goals through community involvement and educational partnerships.
- Influences the perceived value and quality of the Credit Union’s brand.
- Works community outreach events interacting with attendees, distributing marketing materials and opening membership accounts.
- Focuses on developing relationships in minority and Hispanic/Latino markets.
- Plans and implements events and participates in event staging including equipment set-up, tear-down and communication with branches and related departments.
- Supports business development and member service for all branches and the Contact Center.
- Provides insight, ideas and recommendations regarding increasing Credit Union exposure and membership.
- Implements the Credit Union’s social media strategy and manages presence on all relevant platforms (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
- Posts timely social media messages and photos that represent events in a positive and professional manner.
- Monitors Credit Union online brand reputation and, where appropriate, responds to online reviews, answers questions, and participates in online conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Assists in department’s public relations efforts including branch grand openings, special events, educational and community involvement activities.
- Performs other relevant and related duties as required.
- Responsible for compliance with rules and regulations including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A four-year college degree in communications, public relations or marketing.
3 to 5 years of similar or related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience; or equivalent work related experience. Some experience required in marketing, business development, community relations, and/or customer service. Public speaking experience preferred.
· Computer experience
Proficiency with PC skills including word-processing, spreadsheet, electronic calendar, and e-mail. Experience with design software also required.
· Required skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (Ability to speak effectively with members and employees).
- Spanish-speaking skills are required.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to deliver accurate work.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Current driver’s license (acceptable driving record) and access to an automobile with the flexibility of going to various locations on a daily basis.
- Proven ability to adapt to different roles as needed.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Proven ability to report to work as scheduled.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events.
- Regularly attend events or meetings that occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours, including some weekends.
- Ability to be bonded by an insurance company.
- All Securityplus employees are expected to be ambassadors of the Credit Union delivering excellent intradepartmental and member service, while promoting the Credit Union and cross-selling its products and services
· Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position requires an excellent ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing; ability to tolerate long periods of continuous standing or sitting. Must be able to drive to and from community events. Work is primarily performed outside the office. Subject to standard background noise found in or out of an office environment and during travel time, subject to variable weather and traffic conditions. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Community Relations Manager