Community Support Case Worker / Case Manager
Location: Cape GIrardeau, MO
Full Time: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm. Some evenings may be required as necessary dependent upon agency and client need.
We have a few different case management openings spread out across various populations. This includes mixed-caseloads serving both adult and youth clients, and adult only caseloads. Please note in your application your preferred population to work with (if you have one).
Community Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center (CPRC) is a program designed for adults and children with disabilities in social role functioning and daily living skills. Program staff work closely with clients in a variety of community settings to provide wide-range case management services and support in/through therapy to promote recovery. The services are designed to help patients with chronic and persistent mental health disorders avoid psychiatric hospitalization and continue to live within the community. Caseworkers monitor all aspects of a client’s functioning and insure that services are in place to develop client’s self-sufficiency and independence.
You would be responsible for the delivery of community support services for assigned clients within the Community Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center. These activities include: coordination of delivery of mental health services, assessment and monitoring of client adjustment, resource development, and linkage with community resources. The bulk of this position would be spent out in the community such as in client homes, or at residential centers. You would function as a professional staff member of a multi-disciplinary team providing comprehensive assessment and treatment services to clients with chronic psychiatric disorders.
- Provide community support services to children and adult clients enrolled in CPRC program.
- Maintain a caseload as assigned including in the community and during hospitalizations.
- Document all interactions with clients in adherence to agency guidelines and complete all documentation prior to the agency specified deadline.
- Provide training/education to clients in daily living skills.
- Monitor completion of treatment plan goals and objectives and maintain contact with treatment team in regard to progress and any concerns.
- Refer to appropriate resources within the community to assist clients in maintaining/improving their functionality and to develop a personal support system.
- Document according to clinical policies and procedures, DMH, CARF, and any other federal or state program per agency standards.
Non Essential Functions
- Maintain compliance with all policy and procedures.
- Complete all required training.
- Work cooperatively with other departments and members of the community.
- Participate in all required meetings as determined by supervisor.
- Maintain direct services productivity in accordance with assigned caseloads.
- Maintain positive attitude toward agency and clientele.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services field (see below),or;
- Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Criminal Justice, Recreational Therapy, Human Development and Family Studies, Counseling, Child Development, Gerontology, Sociology, Human Services, Behavioral Science, and Rehabilitation Counseling.
- An individual with any four year combination of higher education and qualifying experience, or;
- An individual with any four year degree and two years of qualifying experience, or;
- An individual with four years of qualifying experience, or;
- Master's Degree in a human services field
Qualifying experience must include delivery of service to individuals with mental illness, substance abuse disorders, or developmental disabilities.
- Individuals must have reliable transportation, continuous valid driver's license, and proof of continuous auto insurance
- Travel in own vehicle is required.
Community Counseling Center is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.