The Community Support Specialist provides training in independent living skills, including how to be responsible tenants and maintain psychiatric stability. This individual will assist the Program Supervisor in implementing agency policies and procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Assists individuals in utilizing community/neighborhood services
- Acts as a liaison between individuals, landlords, and various treatment team members
- Teaches independent living skills necessary to sustain individuals in the community and prevent homelessness (i.e. apartment maintenance, socialization skills, budgeting, self-medicating, personal care, travel training, shopping, cooking, and returning to school/the work force.)
- Develops Individualized Support Plans in conjunction with individuals and treatment teams
- Encourages and supports the maintenance of psychiatric stability through counseling, crisis intervention, and utilizing other available resources
Valid NYS Driver’s License and meets the qualifications to be a driver for the agency
Associate's Degree Required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred