Family Preservation Services (FPS) of North Carolina has collaborated with Pathways.FPS of NC is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Community Support Team - QP is responsible for the planning, coordination and oversight of therapeutic and rehabilitative services to consumers enrolled in Community Support Team Services. The QP is responsible for initial and ongoing development of the client’s Person Centered Plan [PCP]; implementation and coordination of services in accordance with the PCP; ongoing assessment of the client’s needs; revisions or adjustments to the PCP as needed; ongoing evaluation of effectiveness of intervention; and, ongoing measurement of client outcomes. The QP provides case management functions, supportive counseling and skill-building interventions.The QP provides clinical oversight and coordination of Associate Professionals and Paraprofessionals in implementing interventions in accordance with the PCP. The QP is also responsible for being a supportive and contributing team member to the client system, families, schools and community agencies. The QP reports directly to the Supervisor of Community Services. . QPs are members of a Community Support Team, which maintains a consumer-to-practitioner ratio of no more than fifteen (15) clients per staff person. A team of three staff can have a caseload of 45 clients. All CST members will be available to work evening and weekend hours.
Duties (Some of them)
- Plan, coordinate and oversee initial and ongoing assessment activities
- Organize and facilitate regularly scheduled treatment team meetings to facilitate person-centered planning, revisions and updates and include formal and informal supports as appropriate. Utilize System of Care Philosophy
- Develop and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with members of the client system and serve as an FPS Ambassador by positively representing FPS in working with individuals, families and community partners
- Ensure interventions are based on recommendations from assessment activities, are supported by documented medical necessity, and are implemented as documented in the PCP
- Provide ongoing measurement of client outcomes and evaluation of intervention effectiveness
- Mentor and provide case consultation/guidance to Para-Professionals and Associate Professionals to support implementation of interventions as prescribed by the PCP
- Make referrals to recommended services as appropriate and ensure continuity of care as client moves across levels of care
- Implement crisis stabilization plans for clients
- Perform “first responder” duties of crisis response as assigned
- NC valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- 1 year documented experience with the adult population
BONA FIDE OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT FOR A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN NORTH CAROLINA
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Baccalaureate Degree in Social Work or Psychology, or a related human services field. Has 2 years of MH/DD/SA experience providing direct service to the population served. All individuals must be credentialed as a QP by meeting the requirements specified for Qualified Professional status according to 10A NCAC 27.G.0104.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Pyschology, or a related human services field. Has 1 year of MH/DD/SA experience providing direct service to the population served OR has contracted with a professional licensure board. All individuals must be credentialed as a QP by meeting the requirements specified for Qualified Professional status according to 10A NCAC 27.G.0104.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Baccalaureate Degree or a Master’s Degree in a field unrelated to human services. Has required number of years of MH/DD/SA experience providing direct service to the population served. All individuals must be credentialed as a QP by meeting the requirements specified for Qualified Professional status according to 10A NCAC 27.G.0104.
FPS is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401 K Match 50% of the first 6% of eligible compensation up to an annual maximum of $750
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
- Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
FPS or any its subsidiaries does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. FPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.