Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our North America division is seeking to add a talented Compactor Operator to its team at our Clayton, NJ facility.
Pay and BenefitsEvening shift positions (6pm – 6am) with starting salary rate $13.48/hr, top rate $15.85/hr, plus applicable shift premium. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k w/company match, and quarterly bonus program opportunity of 5% of gross wages.
The purpose of this role is to provide palletized aluminum blocks by operating compactor equipment.
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Prepares aluminum scrap by operating compactor equipment and palletizing compacted aluminum blocks.
- Transports palletized aluminum by operating forklifts.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintains accurate, legible and timely records by completing paperwork.
- Completes Preventative Maintenance Requirements by inspecting equipment for potential problems and, if necessary, seeing that a maintenance work order is completed.
- Maintains product quality by ensuring proper alloy disposition and following organizational ISO9001:2015 standards.
- Provides support as required to the operation by performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Perform basic math calculations
- Perform lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work any hours, overtime, weekends and holidays as scheduled/required
- Demonstrated forklift experience
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and are most closely aligned with requirements of the position.