The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Free CEU credits
- Eligible to participate in 403B retirement plan
- Several local and national discount
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast is seeking Companions to work with VNA Private Care to provide companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and minimal guidance to assure a protected environment.
The VNA fosters a culture of continuous learning and education, and we encourage career path development from within the organization.
- Provide companionship to the client by performing duties such as: reading, talking, listening, related communication and psychosocial activities.
- Provide light housekeeping tasks such as meal preparation, dishwashing, laundering client’s personal garments, linen change, dusting and vacuuming client’s room. Provide pet care if needed.
- Provide transportation to physician appointments, errands, community activities, etc.
- Remind client to take self-administered medication.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment and use/store equipment and supplies in a safe, appropriate manner.
- Maintain a record of services by writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Observe and report physical and mental changes.
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Must have high school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license.
- Proof of current automobile insurance with bodily injury liability