Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Human Resources Department is currently recruiting for an experienced Compensation Analyst to join the HR Operations Team. The Compensation Analyst is responsible for supporting the implementation, communication and administration of compensation programs, as well as policies and procedures. This role is responsible for supporting the annual merit cycle. This position is also responsible for in-depth analysis of internal and external compensation data, partnering with business managers and executives on compensation related matters, working with cross-functional teams on various projects and initiatives, developing solutions to compensation situations, and will ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws/regulations impacting compensation practices. This position will provide analytical services to the HR Department by assisting in decision making on a variety of compensation and administrative issues. The Compensation Analyst will perform analytical work in areas pertaining to wage and salary administration and prepare and present concise reports, analyses, and recommendations to HR leadership. The Analyst will also facilitate the use of reporting tools and database technology for the Human Resources operations to maximize customer satisfaction, staff effectiveness and information as a management tool. The Compensation Analyst will assist with University compensation policies and procedures and develop and lead training programs specific to Compensation. They will also be tasked with supporting university-wide strategic initiatives through a variety of assessments and metrics utilizing several different technologies and methodologies.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the completions of multiple salary surveys and governmental reporting including, but not limited to:
- CUPA Administrative, Professional, Non-Exempt, Faculty and Adjunct Compensation Survey’s
- Federal VETS-4212 Report
- Affirmative Action Plan
- Department of Labor Occupational Employment Survey for various states
- IPEDS Reporting
- Perform compensation reviews to ensure fair and equitable compensation in alignment with university strategic goals Evaluating FLSA status across all positions
- Assist in the development and administration of the employee compensation and classification system. Work with HR leadership and campus leadership in data review. Provide expertise in market movement and forecasting.
- Maintain current position description process; insuring the completeness and proper classification.
- Manage the create, modify and update position definitions with Oracle Ebusiness HRIS.
- Grants Office processing
- EOM processing
- Design, develop, coordinate, administer, and evaluate new and existing analytics by working with HR leadership along with university leadership.
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of pertinent information for the HR department monthly report.
- Write programs to extract information from the HRIS and present logical and accurate reports to fulfill the University’s information and data analysis needs.
- Conduct internal database audits and continued improvement in record accuracy through Oracle EBusiness Suite. Recommend courses of actions and solutions to assist increasing database quality. Review weekly processes for errors and suggest course of action.
- Responsible for program design and analysis, coding and testing to extract information from the HRMS and present logical and accurate reports to fulfill the University’s information and data analysis needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- At least three years of experience working in a compensation role
- Technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, primarily Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Advanced ability with Excel and experience with creating presentations that include metrics and graphic representation
- Familiar with HRIS systems and various reporting software
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment when formulating decisions
- Self-motivated and able to learn new concepts and technology quickly and independently
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures surrounding compensation
- Superior project management skills and sense of urgency
- Strong communications skills and comfort in delivering formal presentations to leadership
- Prior experience in a compensation role within education industry
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS
- Knowledge of Polaris reporting tool
- Experience with IPEDS and other federal reporting
- Experience managing an affirmative action plan
$48,000.00 - $55,000.00 /year