At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Compliance Analyst supports a set of interrelated compliance programs, enterprise policies and procedures, and existing and newly enacted laws at the Federal, State and local level. This includes supporting the development and implementation of enterprise-wide activities to ensure legislative and regulatory compliance is maintained. Incumbents are required to operate cross-functionally and in areas with significant ambiguity and complexity from both a legal and political frame of reference.
How you will make an impact:
- Keeps abreast of the changing legal and regulatory landscape within the assigned sector.
- Completes compliance analysis forms and does research for compliance analyses and trend documents.
- Develops relationships and partnerships with the business units impacted by the compliance sector and is seen by the business units as a valued “go-to” resource for compliance questions and concerns.
- Develops working knowledge of business processes and IT applications.
- Researches compliance and risk implications and drafts business, compliance and risk analyses to frame discussions with business unit partners and articulate what is required from a legal and regulatory perspective and the intent of compliance initiatives.
- Advocates the compliance perspective and promotes “compliance” as a factor in business decisions.
- Researches and drafts compliance positions.
- Develops content for compliance communications, and compliance training to ensure that compliance initiatives are communicated.
- Researches and drafts documents to present legal and business options to facilitate discussion of compliance requirements.
- Drafts implementation plans, coordinates project meetings and documentation, monitors progress, and reports on progress.
- Develops policies and procedure components, collects metrics, and drafts compliance reports for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years legal, regulatory analysis or compliance experience, business operations, or project management. Comparable education or experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of Medicare Advantage and Medicaid Plans strongly preferred.
- Project management experience in developing multi-site requirements for procedural implementation.
- Strong organizational/time management skills and project management skills and multitasking abilities.
- Detail-oriented, flexible and creative.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills with the ability to encourage innovation and teamwork.
- Strong knowledge of project development life cycle and experience with project development methodologies a plus.
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes.
- Knowledge of Program Office Legislative and Regulatory development life cycle.
- Knowledge of systems/client testing methodology.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, claims, eligibility and underwriting procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health care industry issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance