Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Compliance Analyst role in the New York area. This is a Permanent/Fulltime position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience.
For applicants who are interested in this Compliance Analyst opportunity; please send a Word resume to Cassie Wagner, Professional Recruiter @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the details:
Role: IS Compliance Analyst, ESCO Support
Location: Brooklyn NY, Syracuse NY, or Hicksville, NY
Rate: Flexible depending on rate
Support and manage the data security agreements associated with NY state energy service companies (ESCO’s). Complete security assessments and identify control deficiencies to ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures; conduct independent assessments of third party responses and provide assurance related to responses and security controls relates to ESCO’s.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Process Data Security Agreements and create profiles in Archer for related ESCO
- Identify gaps in security measures relates to ESCO responses
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verify the design and effectiveness of controls to secure information system assets, including people processes and technologies.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Prepare regular status reports for internal management
- Communicate findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees and documenting results
- Communicate findings with the IS risk team to coordinate findings, develop action plans based on risks and confirm that appropriate steps are taken to close out findings.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing defined objectives
- Work with third party service providers to evaluate control design and operating effectiveness.
- Work with internal stakeholders, including regulatory, legal and IS to build and maintain relationships and deliver value.
- Others as Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- CISA – Preferred
- CRISC – Preferred
- CISM – Preferred
- Archer GRC (Preferred)
- Understanding of assessing third part service providers and associated risks
- Understanding of SSAE 16, ISAE 3402, SOC 1, SOC 2 and AUP reports and principles
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Knowledge of control frameworks (COSO, CobIT, ISO, UCF, NIST) a plus
- Ability to demonstrate management of Internal and External audit organizations
- Willing and able to travel (10%)
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178