Job DescriptionJob #: 1024713
Apex Systems is looking for a Compliance Specialist with one of our biotech companies in Foster City, CA.
If interested, please send Ethan Webb an email at email@example.com
Regulatory Compliance Specialist - Electronic Systems
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Assist members of Electronic System Compliance in providing quality and compliance oversight for the computer system validation and the electronic records / electronic signatures compliance programs
- Conduct electronic record and electronic signature assessments and assist the business areas and IT in developing corrective action plans
- Work to ensure that up-to-date computer system inventories and assessments of regulated systems are maintained
- Assist with CRO/service provider audits, audits of software vendors and in-house audits, any of which may require travel
Education and experience:
- BS with 5 to 7 years of experience
- MS with 4 years of experience
Specific Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Previous experience in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical or related industry implementing and validating computer systems that manage regulated information
- Experienced in the validation of COTS and in-house developed computer systems
- Experienced in prospective and retrospective computer system validation
- Experienced in performing 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11 assessments (gap analyses) and developing corrective action plans
- Knowledgeable with software development life cycles and other IT related development practices
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure qualification processes and IT operating procedures
- Experienced in using, implementing, and/or validating systems, such as: drug safety, medical/drug coding, clinical trial management, clinical information, electronic data capture, electronic diary, radiological reading, laboratory information management, computerized laboratory instrumentation, document/enterprise content management, submission publishing, electronic transfer/exchange, structured product labeling, training records, CAPA, and audit tracking
- Experienced in developing procedures for validation, electronic record and electronic signature compliance, electronic systems compliance, and/or IT operational procedures
- Knowledgeable in 21 CFR Part 11, GCP, GLP, and GMP regulations.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.