Compliance Associate, Surplus Lines (
Job Number:331031 )
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We seek highly motivated individuals to join our team who exhibit the best-in-class competencies listed below and embody the Office of General Counsel (OGC) culture.
• We deliver high quality work product, services and solutions that demonstrate understanding of the needs and requirements of our business partners and support achievement of team goals.
• We adapt to changing business needs and environments through a proactive, flexible approach that achieves results and strikes the proper balance among all constituencies.
• We demonstrate character, integrity and professionalism, both within a team environment in OGC and in fulfilling our responsibilities to our business partners.
• We build collaborative, trusting relationships with team members and business partners through superior communication skills, empathy and respect.
• We independently manage work responsibilities through commitment, dedication and accountability, and display an on-going commitment to self-improvement.
This individual will support the North America (NA) Compliance team within the Office of General Counsel (OGC) by enforcing the established compliance standards to monitor, detect and prevent compliance deficiencies. The individual selected for this position will report directly to the NA Compliance Operations Officer and will be primarily responsible for Surplus Lines Tax Filings and reporting of non-admitted polices associated with Chubb Insurance Solutions Agency. The individual will also be responsible for ESIS entity licensing requirements. The individual will work in close cooperation with other OGC business units, Global Compliance & Departments of Insurance staffs and therefore needs strong inter personal skills. More importantly, the ideal candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable with an evolving compliance department.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all required surplus lines brokerage/agency statutory filings are prepared accurately and within statutory due dates;
• Calculate and complete surplus lines tax and fee reports, remit tax reports, file affidavits and declaration pages within required timeframes for Chubb surplus lines agency & brokers;
• Coordinate all required surplus lines brokerage/agency filings for CISA and related underwriters;
• Collaborate with Finance to reconcile surplus lines agency premiums with Surplus Lines insurance companies records;
• Track/research and review all regulatory requirements for surplus lines brokerage/ agency & implement any processes and procedures to comply, where appropriate;
• Develop & maintain procedures guide for surplus lines agency regulatory operations;
• Monitor statutory filing requirements and prepare required documentation and filings to ensure compliance with entity licensing requirements for ESIS, Chubb’s wholly-owned Third Party Claims Adjusting company, across all states;
• Miscellaneous tasks and assignments as may be required.
• 5 years of insurance industry experience, specifically administrating surplus lines tax filings and reporting of non-admitted policies for an insurance agency;
• Compliance and/or operations background in P&C and A&H areas, with emphasis on surplus lines regulatory requirements;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to consistently execute and deliver results;
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic developing environment;
• Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently;
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships;
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Whitehouse Station - A
Whitehouse Station 08889-1600
Job Posting- Nov 21, 2019, 3:11:29 PM