At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Compliance Process Risk Consultant will work very closely with Business Unit Compliance Officers and line of business team members to evaluate and mitigate process risks across WFS Compliance. This person will evaluate current business processes and practices, identify process risks, process gaps, and lead project teams to mitigate or eliminate said risks.
The best candidate for this opportunity must have a proven track record of successfully leading and executing projects that involve process re-engineering and process improvement. They will be proficient in identifying, assessing, and baselining current (“As-Is”) business processes; as well as, designing future state (“To Be”) processes. This person will identify high-leverage opportunities for applying Six Sigma DMAIC methodology across the organization. Other key responsibilities include: creating process maps, conducting root cause analyses, conducting data analyses, and coaching other team members on Six Sigma methodology and techniques.
- Leads large, medium to high risk , complex projects, and manage activities in a DMAIC project life-cycle (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Consults with business partners to clarify and define problem statement, business case, project scope, and objectives
- Performs capability analyses, scopes projects, and works with the project management and senior leadership to prioritizes deliverables
- Serves as a change agent in WFS Compliance to help drive continuous improvements throughout the compliance program
- Create and deliver presentations, to illustrate schedules and dependencies, to senior management on project progress, business value, goals, critical path, key issues/risks, changes, and dependencies
Work location: Charlotte, NC. No telecommute opportunity.
**Please note that posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume.**
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
• 6+ years’ work experience managing multiple Lean Six Sigma projects within a large organization
• Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) experience
• Knowledge of the prescribed project methodology and deliverables
• Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
• Ability to manage multiple projects associated with multiple lines of businesses
• Intermediate Microsoft Project skills
• iGrafx and Minitab proficiency a plus
• Model Risk management experience a plus
• Financial services industry experience
• A BS/BA degree or higher in Business Administration
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.