Baker Hughes is hiring a Compliance Counsel based in Houston, Texas.
This position provides legal services in support of Baker Hughes’ compliance-related investigations and audits, and enables business solutions related to compliance.
- Provide legal services in support of Baker Hughes’ compliance-related investigations and audits.
- Specific duties include the following: conduct internal investigations, including directing and conducting interviews, responding to subpoenas, discovery and similar activities; conducting Anti-Corruption and third-party audits, including directing and conducting interviews and drafting reports; assisting with the design and implementation of Baker Hughes’ Legal Compliance Program, including audit programs and investigations.
- Work closely with Internal Audit and Legal Compliance Auditors on compliance matters, risk assessments and legal audits
- Advise senior management on legal risks and exposures.
- Advise Operations and Compliance counsel in areas that potentially affect Baker Hughes’ position in investigations, litigation and other legal matters.
- Monitor new laws, rules and regulations relevant to Baker Hughes.
- Assist in compliance-related policy development and ongoing improvements
- Participate in goal-setting and monitoring of the compliance program and support the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer as requested.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and law degree from accredited university/law school.
- Must be qualified to practice law in the State of Texas.
- 3 years of legal experience at a law firm, legal department or governmental entity.
- Knowledge and experience with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act and other Anti-Corruption laws.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 40%
- Knowledge and experience with SEC/DOJ or FSA/FSO investigations, antitrust, antiboycott, trade regulations and U.S. sanctions a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated success in investigations.
- Foreign language(s) preferred.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more