Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen is a non-profit, social service agency dedicated to helping those individuals in need and improving the quality of life to members in the community. We provide programs to four counties throughout New Jersey and have successfully grown in 34 years to include more than 23 sites and over 100 programs. We are currently looking for an experienced Compliance Director who seeks to be part of a dynamic, high performing organization.
Perth Amboy, NJ
Responsible for the overall development, implementation and management of the Agency compliance program in accordance with federal, state and local laws and accreditation and licensing. Responsible for the maintenance of and adherence to the organization's policies and procedures covering the privacy of and access to client clinical information, in accordance with federal and state laws and agency privacy practices. Coordinates and monitors all compliance activities, programs and risk management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees and monitors the implementation of the compliance programs; including privacy and access to client records.
- Revises the program as needed, based on changes in laws, agency policies or private payer health plans.
- Performs initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the entity's other compliance and operational assessment functions.
- Works with legal counsel and management, key departments and committees to ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality practices and requirements.
- Establishes a mechanism to track access to protected health information, as prescribed by law and organization policy. Allows qualified individuals to review and/or receive a report on such activity.
- Develop and implement a training program regarding the elements of compliance and privacy programs. Ensures that all employees are knowledgeable and comply with state and federal standards.
- Assists management in coordinating internal compliance reviews.
- Independently investigates and acts on matters related to compliance. Designs and coordinates internal investigations and suggests appropriate corrective action if appropriate.
- Develops policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation.
- Sustain the compliance program and the accomplishment of its objectives.
- Completes summary reports for the annual review and Board of Trustees.
- Manage incident reports.
- Ensures safety compliance; demonstrates knowledge of OSHA, BOCA, Joint Commission, life, health and safety codes and other applicable legislation to complete reporting requirements as well as ensure personnel, client and visitor safety.
- Serve as liaison to outside counsel; examine legal data/regulations and provide interpretation/recommendations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in a related discipline required. Ten plus (10+) years of experience in a risk management/compliance management position, preferably with a social services or healthcare agency. Medicare/Medicaid operations and HIPAA experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have ability to effectively deliver presentations to top management, public groups and/or board of directors. Must be a team player looking to assume a hands-on-role.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes, medical, dental, vision and prescription plan, Life Insurance, Retirement Fund and a generous vacation and sick time package. For more info & to apply online, please visit our web site: www.ccdom.org or mail resume to Catholic Charities, DOM, 319 Maple Street, Perth Amboy, NJ 08861. Refer to Ad Code: M/12/7/18/001/CO.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.