Thomson Reuters Global Resources (TRGR) owns and manages a significant number of modern, multi-lingual, highly scalable technology platforms, brand, content sets and other technologies as well as the associated intellectual property, that enable rapid, cost-effective development and deployment of information products to a global user base. TRGR is part of the Enterprise Centre located in Zug, Switzerland.
The Enterprise Centre Legal department provides legal support for all aspects of TRGR’s operations, including M&A activity, inter-company and third-party contracts, corporate governance, HR, protection of intellectual property, privacy and regulatory compliance. The Brand Marketing and Protection Department provides leadership in the companies Brand Marketing activities, including Brand Strategy, Events and Trades Shows, Agency Management, Enterprise Content and Thought Leadership and Brand Protection services. Brand Protection services within TRGR include domain ownership and governance, trademark monitoring and protection, naming and brand strategy and brand asset ownership
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, Enterprise Compliance, the Compliance Paralegal will:
- Provide paralegal support for all day to day tasks for the global ethics and compliance program;
- Prepare reports on a variety of compliance-related projects, including board of directors, investigations, training and committee reports
- Compose/run periodic and ad hoc compliance reports, prepare compliance reports for presentations, maintain and update various compliance databases/systems and update compliance training records.
- Maintain responsibility for intake, management and disposition of complaints to the ethics hotline and provide support to program directors and investigators;
- Make travel arrangements for the Assistant General Counsel, Enterprise Compliance (including visa applications) and prepare expense reports;
- Prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established timeframes
- Draft and publish regular compliance communications
- Exceptional proficiency with technology; Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Assertive and a self-starter
- Good attitude and willing to help
- Effective communicator both verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- A team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good judgment
- Willing to learn and take on additional responsibility
- Adept at legal research
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally recognized university
- Three or more years as a paralegal with exposure to compliance
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America