Work That Matters - Our work is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
No one has more expertise treating children than Children's Hospital Los Angeles. CHLA is the only children's hospital in California to make the prestigious U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of "Best" children's hospitals, and is nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties.
Join a hospital where the work you do will matter—to you, to your colleagues, and above all, to our patients and families. At times the work may be challenging, but it is always rewarding. We hope you’ll come and find out for yourself.
It’s Work That Matters.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Privacy, the Compliance and Privacy Specialist supports Children’s Hospital Los Angeles in implementing, planning, and strategically managing a reliable and effective privacy program. The Compliance & Privacy Specialist supports the Associate Director, Privacy in all ongoing efforts regarding the drafting, maintenance, and application of all privacy policies, procedures, and best practices in accordance with state and federal and state laws. The Compliance & Privacy Specialist works closely with the Information Services Department in managing the overall development of the institution’s privacy and data protection strategy, audit plans, incident prevention and response, and other matters related to overall program effectiveness.
- Provides consultative expertise to ensure compliance with, and implementation of, safeguards to ensure the privacy of confidential information under both federal and state law.
- Conducts independent research and analysis of various compliance and regulatory issues, including tracking, monitoring and assessing new privacy regulations, laws, and industry best practices.
- Develops and conducts applicable periodic training sessions for team members.
- Facilitates resolution of complaints, concerns and questions about compliance issues or in response to reported incidents, including reporting to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Manages and monitors maintenance of existing data and incident tracking tools for receiving, documenting, investigating and taking action on all complaints and reported incidents/activities.
- Works to maintain and improve a proactive monitoring plan to track access to protected health information as required by law and our developing institution plan.
- Assists with enterprise-wide awareness on internal policies and procedures and provides ongoing support to all departments, including: Office of General Counsel, Information Services Department, Institutional Review Board, Trust, Patient Relations, Health Information Management, Marketing and Communications, and other important stakeholders.
- Supports Associate Director, Privacy in work related to the essential elements of a compliance program (education and training, auditing and monitoring, prevention, enforcement, investigating and reporting, etc).
One or more years of experience in a compliance and privacy role within a health care setting required.
Bachelors degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Certification in Health Care Privacy Compliance (CHPC) from the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) from the International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC) preferred or must be obtained within one year.